Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    blksoul_x Guest

Default Understanding Racism;[[Detroit November 21)

Dr. Francess Cress Welsing will be lecturing in Detroit on November 21[[Saturday), at Wayne State University in the Community Arts Auditorium.

Dr. Welsing is known for her pivotal work, Isis Papers: The Keys of the Colors. The book is a heavy psycho-analysis of the system of white racism/white supremacy. She currently holds a free lecture series at the Cress-Welsing Institute of Psychiatry and Social Research. She is a firm believer that ultimately, once the Black collective can understand the fundamental issue on white supremacy and all the organization of behavior attached to it, then, a neutralization of justice can occur within the Black collective mentality. She is a great speaker, and harbors an interesting insight on the development of human behavior. She is worth the time to go see.

Here is a classic clip of her debating her analysis on white racism/white supremacy;

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!

OMG ... she says it's white genetics that are the problem ...

And while the Wiki ain't the most trustworthy source, this was truly disturbing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_Cress_Welsing
    Last edited by BShea; October-26-09 at 09:36 PM.

Below was lifted from the aformentioned, Wickipedia.

"On both St. Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day, the white male gives gifts of chocolate candy with nuts…. If his sweetheart ingests "chocolate with nuts," the white male can fantasize that he is genetically equal to the Black male."

If this is anywhere close to what she espouses, she is truly a "NUT JOB".

Sludgedaddy Guest

In the Spirit of Cultural Diversity, I would like to take in a lecture by Professor Van Helsing.

2blocksaway Guest

Ya, this should go well.

Stosh Guest

And if anyone would have suggested to place a similarily slanted racist view on this website, in favor of the white [[or melanin challenged), they would have been banned. How this continues to go on here is beyond my scope of understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    And if anyone would have suggested to place a similarily slanted racist view on this website, in favor of the white [[or melanin challenged), they would have been banned. How this continues to go on here is beyond my scope of understanding.
    Seeking parity?

Their focus then shifts masochistically to hitting the tiny white golf balls in disgust and resignation — in full final realization of white genetic recessiveness."
    Well, how would she categorize me, a Caucasian that thinks golf is a waste of time, energy and money?

Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead View Post
    Their focus then shifts masochistically to hitting the tiny white golf balls in disgust and resignation — in full final realization of white genetic recessiveness."
    Well, how would she categorize me, a Caucasian that thinks golf is a waste of time, energy and money?
    Simplistic and categorization? Just asking, is it really that base? Giving up or in?

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    Dr. Francess Cress Welsing will be lecturing in Detroit on November 21[[Saturday), at Wayne State University in the Community Arts Auditorium.

Dr. Welsing is known for her pivotal work, Isis Papers: The Keys of the Colors. The book is a heavy psycho-analysis of the system of white racism/white supremacy. She currently holds a free lecture series at the Cress-Welsing Institute of Psychiatry and Social Research. She is a firm believer that ultimately, once the Black collective can understand the fundamental issue on white supremacy and all the organization of behavior attached to it, then, a neutralization of justice can occur within the Black collective mentality. She is a great speaker, and harbors an interesting insight on the development of human behavior. She is worth the time to go see.

Here is a classic clip of her debating her analysis on white racism/white supremacy;

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!
    Oh lawdy. That reminded me of this:

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Seeking parity?
    Nope. Seeking sanity perhaps. It's a damn shame that some people need to promote their divisive shit. And it's even sadder that you seem to think it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    below was lifted from the aformentioned, wickipedia.

"on both st. Valentine’s day and mother’s day, the white male gives gifts of chocolate candy with nuts…. If his sweetheart ingests "chocolate with nuts," the white male can fantasize that he is genetically equal to the black male."

if this is anywhere close to what she espouses, she is truly a "nut job".

lmao!!!!!:d

Retroit Guest

The biggest threat to the "black collective" comes not from white people, but from blacks themselves. Who are committing the crimes in Detroit? Who are killing the black people? Who are running - and running down - the city? Isn't it time for a "psycho-analysis on the system" of black society's self-destruction?

I'm afraid this black woman is putting her intelligence to misuse if she is trying to convince black people that white people believe in white supremacy. Just because some old fart in 1973 was racist does not mean that it is a prevalent belief today.

I hope she gives black people some advice on how they can help themselves, instead of how they should sit around and continue to blame white people for everything that is wrong in the "black collective".

LouHat Guest

I think I'm going to let this simmer for a bit, but I must acknowledge a palpable sense of anticipation.

Nope. Seeking sanity perhaps. It's a damn shame that some people need to promote their divisive shit. And it's even sadder that you seem to think it's OK.
    My bad, Stosh. You would certainly know. Let us call it off so no one gets hurt..

Stosh Guest

My bad, Stosh. You would certainly know. Let us call it off so no one gets hurt..
    That's a curious word phrasing. Pray tell explain exactly how it is I should know that?

That's a curious word phrasing. Pray tell explain exactly how it is I should know that?
    Do you perceive? How do you "know" the intentions of any given poster? Reading minds qualifies as a superstition. Stick to what you "know".

Stosh Guest

Do you perceive? How do you "know" the intentions of any given poster? Reading minds qualifies as a superstition. Stick to what you "know".
    Originally Posted by Stosh

Seeking parity?

Ooohhhh, I get it. You misunderstand parity.

OK, here goes [[the question - not an assumption) -

Do you seek parity? Meaning, do you want not to suffer potential banishment for an inspired presentation? Do you want to "do you"? What do you want to say [[write) that may warrant banishment?

Well, the onus is upon you. Are you about to bring morality into the discussion.

Otherwise, why come here to DYes? Simply to complain? Come on Stosh, you are being unclear.

Stosh Guest

Ooohhhh, I get it. You misunderstand parity.

OK, here goes [[the question - not an assumption) -

Do you seek parity? Meaning, do you want not to suffer potential banishment for an inspired presentation? Do you want to "do you"? What do you want to say [[write) that may warrant banishment?

Well, the onus is upon you. Are you about to bring morality into the discussion.

Otherwise, why come here to DYes? Simply to complain? Come on Stosh, you are being unclear.
    Nah. I'm not the one that would plop that kind of Krazy Klaptrap Klownshit here. oK?

Really though, it's quite simple. If a racist chose to post his stuff here as much as there seems to be this above postings, it's quite clear to me, given the quick trigger in this neck of the woods, that it and the screen name behind it would be long gone. Yet the misogonist that posts this race baiting inflammatory crap still runs free to spew his poison without sanction. That's my only problem, and complaint.

Stosh Guest

Here's a nice little article on the esteemed Dr. Welsing

Afrocentricity vs. Homosexuality: The Isis Papers

by Matthew Quest
    Dr. Frances Cress Welsing's The Isis Papers [[Third World Press, 1991) is one of the most popular texts of the much debated but loosely defined ideology of afrocentricity. Arguing for the African origins of civilization by highlighting Egyptian and other Africans' pioneering achievements in architecture, science, and philosophy, afrocentric interpretations of history subvert traditional eurocentric fabrications. Afrocentric scholars also potentially open a path toward a new humanism, one which includes everybody with an African ancestry—the whole human race.
    Unfortunately, misguided scholars often silence Black women, gay men, and lesbians, identifying these voices as oppressive and divisive manifestations of white supremacy. It is their reluctance to link questions of race with resistance to other oppressions that reinforces the categories of "race" that are the essence of eurocentric denigration of "non-white" peoples. The Origins of White Supremacy

Welsing articulates a familiar critique of white supremacy as the dominant system and culture in the Western world. However, her notions about the origins and perpetuation of racism are far from conventional. White supremacy, according to Welsing, began with the birth of albinos in Africa. These "recessive genetic mutants" began to mate with one another and multiply, producing what is now known as the white race.
    Besides masking their African origin and proclaiming their affinity with Greece, whites avoid the true meaning of skin whiteness: "a mutation and genetic deficiency state from the Black norm, 'hue-man' norm." White supremacy is a psychological defense mechanism to genetic color inadequacy [[whiteness). Dr. Welsing believes whites are "genetically vulnerable," and therefore overcompensate for their insecurity with oppressive behavior towards people of color. Effeminization as Oppression

A major tool of those who subscribe to white supremacy, according to Welsing, is the perpetuation of Black male passivity through encouraging effeminization, bisexuality, and homosexuality. Welsing believes this is "a problem of epidemic proportions am ongst Black people in the US."
    Homophobia in communities of color is rampant...to the tenth power of the white mainstream. Why? Because the struggle for human rights against white supremacy has been disproportionately explained as the need to achieve "manhood" rights, from the period of the slave trade to the present.
    Welsing believes homosexual patterns of behavior are simply expressions of male self-submission to other males in the area of "sex," as well as in other areas—economics, education, entertainment, labor, law, politics, religion, and war. Oppression is defined as forced submission, homosexuality as a sign of weakness.
    Welsing defines "primary effeminacy" and "secondary effeminacy" to distinguish white causes of homosexuality from Black ones. "Primary effeminacy" is a self-derived response by whites to their genetic insufficiency, causing a negation of self-reproduct ion due to disgust with their own genetic weaknesses.
    "Secondary effeminacy" [[Black male homosexuality) is consciously imposed on the Black man by the white man for the purpose of destroying the Black family. Welsing attempts to propagate a patriarchal concept of the Black family, which is curious, since it is afrocentric conventional wisdom that there was no patriarchy in traditional African societies.
    Welsing does have a concept of gender roles being environmentally conditioned. However, a continuum would not represent qualities such as aggression and nurturing as universal that all humans can embody. Rather, the author clearly believes that in the process of the Black man taking on homosexual tendencies, he is acting like a woman. She is firmly against this as illustrated by the following examples.
    From her work with incarcerated Black males, Welsing concludes that, as they have been broken by the system and forced to submit to an authoritarian environment, prison is the epitome of white supremacy. Black males are "feminized in jail" in the follo wing ways: They are given orders by men to whom they must submit; they wait passively to be fed three meals a day by men; and finally, they have sexual intercourse with men.
    Welsing, in an attack on cross dressers of the "Flip Wilson/Geraldine" variety, implies that a real Black man wouldn't wear earrings or bracelets. How can an African-centered critique of white supremacy discount the earring and bracelet wearing Masai warriors or the "Mau Mau," just two of many examples of "manhood" in resistance?
    The author, angry with the American Psychological Association's relatively recent repeal of their former opinion that homosexuality constitutes poor mental health, prescribes a distinct position for Black people. Black psychiatrists must understand tha t whites may condone homosexuality for themselves, but we as Blacks must see it as a strategy for destroying Black people. Welsing argues that homosexuals or bisexuals should neither be condemned nor degraded, as they did not decide that they would be so programmed in childhood. The racist system should be held responsible. Welsing believes the task of professionals who concur with her should be proactive treatment and prevention of homosexuality among Black people. Feminism

Welsing argues that, since there is no patriarchy in traditional African societies, a feminist critique is not necessary. Besides, feminism is eurocentric. I wonder what Angela Davis, Audre Lorde, Michele Wallace, and bell hooks would think of that. They're anything but eurocentric.
    Welsing, disgusted with the stereotyped image of the Black male as "sex-machine," believes the Black male should be the guardian of Black civilization, not only in protecting the family even at consequence of death, but by procreating. It is their sper m which is endowed with the melanin that preserves the "hue-man" norm.
    Welsing gives the Black woman agency in preserving Black manhood from becoming the female, clown, infant, buffoon, transvestite, homosexual, etc. This should be done by denying these "effeminized men" "the right" to procreate, and should be enforced by the "self-respecting" Black woman. Revolution

Welsing offers The Isis Papers as a revolutionary treatise. This makes many of her assertions even more problematic. By equating Black manhood with "not macho or money" but "warrior or soldier against the system," she attempts to deny Black homosexuals and women, whites, and others, their necessary role as revolutionaries against white supremacy. She suffers from the common reasoning among Black middle-class voices [[common especially now in books articulating their "rage") that are surprised and/or dis appointed that "even when high income is allowed, there is no true power in its ultimate sense—meaning to support, protect and defend the lives of one's self, one's wife, and one's children." Dr. Welsing remains adamant that a class analysis of capitalism is not relevant to Black people, as most afrocentrists claim, because they are oppressed as a race.
    Dr. Welsing, like many afrocentrists, puts forward a conception of revolution that is doomed to fail. However, it has already been successful in provoking the politics of reaction, though not on the scale of her eurocentric predecessors. Under the guis e of unity she continues the alienation of Black homosexuals as acting white and/or acting abnormal. Under an American system of white supremacy and capitalism, she attempts to put forward an Africa-centered agenda for Black revolution that is woefully ig norant of the political economy that destroys both Africans and Americans and, for that matter, the diversity of the culture of the diaspora. No one should hesitate from pulling out all the stops to oppose such retrogressive ideas, even at the risk of bei ng proclaimed an "Uncle Tom" or a race traitor.
    Last edited by Stosh; October-27-09 at 10:56 PM.

Nah. I'm not the one that would plop that kind of Krazy Klaptrap Klownshit here. oK?

Really though, it's quite simple. If a racist chose to post his stuff here as much as there seems to be this above postings, it's quite clear to me, given the quick trigger in this neck of the woods, that it and the screen name behind it would be long gone. Yet the misogonist that posts this race baiting inflammatory crap still runs free to spew his poison without sanction. That's my only problem, and complaint.
    If that is your [[sole) bitter point, why bother complaining? To garner support?

Which would be better, banning this particular thread starter whom you disparage, or not banning other controversial posters?

I'm white. Maybe I'm racist for saying this, but that lady is a fruitcake.
    In The Isis Papers she postulates the psuedoscientific supremacist hypothesis that white people are the genetically defective descendants of albino mutants.
    Albino Mutants? Really?

People of all different skin tones have developed differently throughout the world. Nobody is better than anyone else, and nobody came from Albino Mutants. That's just ridiculous.

If we came from Albinos, how do some of us have dark hair and dark eyes? Why do the different countries in Europe have different features in white people? Why are Swedes known for being blonde. Why are the Irish redheaded? Where did those non-Albino traits come from?

I'm going to bring this up to my Biology Professor. I think he'll find it amusing.

I also found this interesting:
    Welsing has been criticized for promoting an overtly racist ideology. She has also been criticized for claims that black male homosexuality is consciously imposed on the black man by the white man to destroy the black family, that black homosexuality is a sign of weakness and that homosexual patterns of behavior are simply expressions of black male self-submission to other males in the area of sex, as well as in other areas such as economics, education, entertainment, labor, law, politics, religion, and war.[4]
    Wow.
    Last edited by LeannaM; October-28-09 at 12:01 AM.

ziggyselbin Guest

If that is your [[sole) bitter point, why bother complaining? To garner support?

Which would be better, banning this particular thread starter whom you disparage, or not banning other controversial posters?

Perhaps I am being callow Vetalal but is it not a simplr sense of fair play? Why ban anyone? Why is this allowed?

Stosh Guest

I'm not bitter, really. Sounds to me that someone is, though. Support for what? The opposition to an obvious communist? People like that just destabilize society. Kind of like the SDS and the various Panther parties did. These groups did no favors to society at large. People like the good doctor never left the 60's. There was some good that came from the revolutionary movements, but it seems leftovers like her hang their hats on the worst segments of that philosophical time. There's obvious examples of that type of people in government now, and in the past, and it's also obvious how well that has worked... not. Seems as if the point is lost in the translation.

As far as the bannings mentioned, I know that will never happen. I suppose it's best to keep the board the way it is. Good luck with the revolutionary world view guys. It's worked so well over the past 40+ years. Keep up the revolutionary struggle... Power to the people and all that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast