Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    But you had long enough to reply and ask the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitymachine View Post
    twice now even
    My first post was at 9:21 am, when I was about to go into a 9:30 meeting. My second was in the middle of the night. Do you want to know when I took my last sh-t, too?

You answered a simple question with an stupid insult and you got called out on it. Whenever I post a thread, I not only post the link, but put a line or a paragraph of RELEVANT INFORMATION in the initial post, especially if it's announcing a new business. I didn't ask "What's the business called?" or "What kind of food do they serve?"
    Last edited by English; October-23-09 at 12:43 PM. Reason: toning it down ;-)

I love slow's and Im glad theyre expanding. Mac and Cheese is the bomb! Brisket on jam as well with all the good sauces, hell I may go tomorow night!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I am glad you are the self imposed internet time police. Thank you for telling us how to spend our time.
    Thanks, Gumby, but I'm OK with it. I think the progression of the thread shows which of us are interested in patronizing Slow's, and which of us don't have any social skills.
    Last edited by English; October-23-09 at 12:45 PM. Reason: again, toning it down... :)

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post

I love the "happy for this news but I think they suck" responses as well. Stay classy detroityes.
    Yup, I'm "happy for this news but I think they suck". I'm staying classy with detroityes. Your opinion to the contrary, I'll add I feel that way about a lot of things and places having nothing to do with Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    My first post was at 9:21 am, when I was about to go into a 9:30 meeting. My second was in the middle of the night. Do you want to know when I took my last sh-t, too?

You answered a simple question with an stupid insult and you got called out on it. Whenever I post a thread, I not only post the link, but put a line or a paragraph of RELEVANT INFORMATION in the initial post, especially if it's announcing a new business. I didn't ask "What's the business called?" or "What kind of food do they serve?"
    And my point is that it wouldn't have taken you any longer to click on the link in the first place than to post a message asking what the link said.
    And it's interesting that you consider asking
    Do you want to know when I took my last sh-t, too
    having social skills

Looks to me like English committed an elementary web forum faux pas. No crime, but for an experienced web user to then get snippy about being told to actually read the first two sentences of the OP's link is pretty cheeky.

Then the "I'm too busy/important to clink on links, so I expect one of you peons to do it for me" attitude is insulting. Time to brush up on some internete etiquitte and common manners.

WOW ...so how ' bout the barbeque???

Yea but I still really like to eat at Slows BBQ. It is a great place right here in C'town Detroit

What barbeque? I thought we were hijacking the link and just insulting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    What barbeque? I thought we were hijacking the link and just insulting each other.
    Way to gp Phil and Ryan! Slows s one of the biggest things miss since my move out West. Hope to see a Slows L.A. in my lifetime.

Never did Slow's but I was a few Young's from time to time. ~Not bad. ~Not great.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Thanks, Gumby, but I'm OK with it. I think the progression of the thread shows which of us are interested in patronizing Slow's, and which of us don't have any social skills.

LOL gotta love her......

This from a person possesing very few social skills : Young's Barbecue was very good. I frequented the one on East Jefferson across from the Ren Cen.

Ravine Guest

"...which of us are interested in patronizing Slow's, and which of us don't have any social skills."

Son of a BITCH!! No wonder, that I never felt moved to go to the place; apparently, having an interest in Slow's is something which goes hand-in-hand with having social skills, and as I'm quite certain everyone already knows, I'm way too much of an IGNORANT SHITHEAD to be bothered with social skills.
    Maybe someday, when I grow out of being a VULGAR, CLASSLESS BUFFOON, I'll develop a taste for some Slow's.

P.S.: Please for to pardon my use of OBNOXIOUS ENGLISH.

Ravine, puhleeze, if you were half as busy as some people with all their buying laptops bags and clothes shopping and worrifing themself into a lather about their hair, you'd have beaucoup time on the Rolex to slide into Slows' for some of that premasticated fare. Just give it a try, you can leave your ill-fitting store-bought teeth at home and gum your way to a coronary. It is all the rage and one well worth the wait.

And don't be dissing your own self over all that obnoxious English you got. Being ignorant, vulgar and classless is a transitory state of being, once you quit feeling compelled telling us how tired you are, how important searching for your new non-job is and once you stop diggin deep into your lexicon acquired from a bookshelf of harlequinn romances, you'll stop using obnoxious English and be just a regular type person. It's called: Transformationalism.

That is change you can believe in.

well we want to try it and any other great Detroit BBQ!

Having been in the bar/restaurant business for quite a few years, and also having worked with and for some of the best in the business, I can swear, or is it testify? Yes, testify! Can you hear me? I just wanna testify, what your love..............oh, I mean........testify that just because someone lauds a product or service, because it gets great reviews, doesn't mean it's great for everyone's tastes or desires. Nothing against Slow's, Mike's Famous Ham Place or Opus One, we all have different tastes. Social skills aside, in my greatly diminished state due to advancing age, I don't care for some things and I don't mind saying it. A big mouth comes with advancing age. I do plan to re-visit Slow's, maybe this week. I'll be in Detroit torching buildings. Kidding, just kidding. I'll actually be participating in one of my favorite annual events - driving around with a little yellow light on top of my car, chasing perps. Last year I was able to patronize one of my favorite, now defunct businesses, before setting out to spy on arsonists - The Mercury Coffee Bar. Got my caffeine kick on to hold me through the night.

Blarf Guest

Lets hope they don't expand on their slow horrible service.

Slow's is def. one of the eateries I MUST hit if I am in town for anything longer than a weekend.

YAY! Slows is coming to Midtown. Those WSU Student will love the that good ole southern/cajun flavor.

Ravine Guest

Perhaps, but they won't have all goddam day to wait for it.

People complaining about slow service at a place called Slow's....hmmmm

See, I've been to Slows several times and never had slow service... I think the fact that it's usually super busy accounts for most of the complaints.

I'll definitely use the new location since I live in Midtown.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2