Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fnemecek View Post
    The OTSC had real money from the feds. The money was approved and working its way through a federal bureaucracy. They move on their own time table.

If the DEGC had been willing to allow that to happen then there would be a couple hundred people at work on a job site right now. Instead, we have an empty field.

But, hey - it's not like Detroiters need jobs or anything.

So, why not wait a few weeks for the feds?
    Like I said, no REAL money. Just promises. There's a difference between appropriation and allocation. All the difference in the world, actually.

Stosh:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you haven't had much experience dealing with the federal government.

I'll just say this: if an appropriation bill is passed by both houses of Congress and is signed into law by the President, most people would call that "real money", even if it hasn't arrived yet.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fnemecek View Post
    Stosh:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you haven't had much experience dealing with the federal government.

I'll just say this: if an appropriation bill is passed by both houses of Congress and is signed into law by the President, most people would call that "real money", even if it hasn't arrived yet.
    No, thankfully, I haven't. But the question still remains. Despite the claims of the OTSC that the money will come, it still hasn't been allocated. And I'm betting that it never will. Just like all the money that was collected sitting in the OTSC bank account. Where will that be spent? On what? And how?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3