Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Almighty, this is PBR Streetgang....

Good one, EastDetroit. Not many will pick up on that.

I'm sure more than a few of us feel like Chef out on the boat while Capt. Williard is chillin' with the colonel ...

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning - It smells like..........victory.

At 12:50 PM this afternoon we were just coming out of Astoria Bakery in Greektown, when all of a sudden the loud sound scared the Bejesus out of our group. Waiters were rushing out of the Greektown restaurants to see what had happened. The sound reverberated so loudly among the downtown canyons that I thought the Greektown Hotel tower had collapsed.

My nieces husband [[who used to work at Selfridge, and now is a mechanic at Metro) was there and said that this loud noise [[jet afterburners kicking on) isn't as deafening in open areas such as Comerica Park [[or at Selfridge)... but because of the large number of buildings downtown and the proximity of the jets, that the sound was amplified among the downtown streetwalls.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Almighty, this is PBR Streetgang....
    classic drop.

Saw a formation of four jets - from 696 and Woodward at about 12:50 pm today on the way to church.

Saw them at least three or four times separately [[10-15 minutes apart) out in Farmington Hills... if they were doing some kind of loop around Detroit, that must've been a really big loop.

All this just for Tiger baseball's opening day?

cheddar bob Guest

I'm a little surprised at all the surprise. They do it nearly every year for opening day.

Personally, I wish they'd spare the taxpayer money. Enough with the flyovers, already. Right now we don't need to feel good about our military; we need to save money.

Think about how much it must cost to have 3-4 airplanes do flyovers in 30 major league cities, not counting the various other shows and sporting events. I bet that money could feed 10 families for 10 years.

Here's a pic of them flying over Comerica Park on Opening Day. I was amazed that I even got this shot...they zoomed in out of nowhere and were gone in a second. Awesome to see [[and hear!)

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomfield Pills View Post
    Personally, I wish they'd spare the taxpayer money. Enough with the flyovers, already. Right now we don't need to feel good about our military; we need to save money.

Think about how much it must cost to have 3-4 airplanes do flyovers in 30 major league cities, not counting the various other shows and sporting events. I bet that money could feed 10 families for 10 years.
    They have to fly training missions and x number of hours anyway. They might as well do some recruiting and provide some entertainment while they're at it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2