Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

See Ray, all was not for ill. We believe you did some good.

Thanks Ray. I worked traffic at #4, probably saw you on the street at some time or another.

Ravine Guest

A very late, on my part, entry:

Ray, I didn't make it to this thread in time to wish you a Happy Birthday, but not so late that I can't emit an enthusiastic burst of cyberworld-applause for a guy who I have respected, and whose wit I have enjoyed, since the day I rolled into this forum.

Thanks, Ravine. Hhockey, when I worked motor I pulled in to Duly's all I could for lunch, and always got my haircut at Tom's barber shop just down the street from there. Plus played softball at St. Hedwig's.

As I mentioned to Ray some time back, my dad was a Detroit officer for 30 years. He is gone now, but one of the many things I miss about him, is, his wit and wonderful sense of humor. Many of his fellow cops that I knew groing up were that way as well. Often wondered to myself it it was a product of the job, sort of a way to maintain ones sanity while doing one of the toughest jobs of all. Ray very much reminds me of my dad, and I certainly hope he had a great birthday and enjoys many more. Any of you retired DPD know Sgt.George Coleman from years ago? He worked at several different precincts, last few years at APB / headquarters.

Ray i ate a whole lot of meals at Duly's. I was just there a few weeks ago and the place is still the same. Its like walking back in time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2