Alright, with all the gloomy threads lately, maybe we could turn our minds towards cider mills. I'm always impressed that these places essentially are shut down for 9 -10 months out of the year and then spring to life for a short, but meaningful selling season.

Yesterday the Bride and I went on a color drive out along Hines Drive then winding around eventually to BFE New Boston and her favorite childhood cider mill: Apple Charlie's. Silly me I'd never heard of it before.

It wasn't bad, a little pricey ... they sell all manner of apple related material along with running a mini carnival with flying teacups and whatnot. In addition thay have a haunted house called "Blood Barn". Sorry but we skipped that feature.

It's been 20 + years since I was out in Romeo, so I can't vouch for that but after being at Parmenter's in Northville last year, I have to say Franklin takes the award for the most authentic place around. Love the whole water wheel thing and getting those donuts while they're still hot and staining the bag with grease, that's some pretty high living.

So, what's your favorite Cider Mill. A place worth the drive to get there...