Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    EEV is a great place to live. I attribute this in great part to our neighborhood organization. Currently there are serious bargains here. Taxes in the city are an issue but we have a NEZ designation which drops taxes dramatically for new home buyers.

If I were in this buyers market I would not hesitate to invest in this community. Beautiful homes and great neighbors. We know and engage with most of our neighbors. Know many others from different streets who walk dogs, walk or bike through here.

This is not Nirvana but it is a great oassis for urban living.

just a question, why would living in EEV be considered "urban living" while living across the street in GP be considered "suburban XXXXX"

to me they are similar in neighborhood architectural characteristics and layout, just one has been maintained and actually provides complete city services, while the other you are left with the minimum.....

I see little difference between EEV and GPP. GPP has an advantage with great parks however. Lived there, found it walkable, great diversity in housing stock and down to earth friendly people.

I have clients in all of the Points, Detroit and other burbs. GPP residents may or may not appreciate that they have far more in common with Detroit then its other GP neighbors.

Short history, GPP was approximately 1/2 of what was originally Fairview Village, an incorporated Village in 1903 and 1/2 of the Village was annexed to Detroit in 1907. GPP became a village and later a city.

EEV is urban since we exist within the city limits. If you know the streets, Downtown is less than 15 minutes away. GPP enjoys the same downtown access but they are not Detroit residents.

I love EEV but will be moving within five years to Islandview Village near Belle Isle. It is much more economically challenged.

Like I said EEV is an urban oassis. Plain and simple this is a great community. I think I was called a cheerleader on this thread, I say hell yes, of course I am. I invite all to check out our neighborhood that I am so proud of.

The city needs people who demand that tax dollars get reinvested into neighborhoods. EEV is doing its part to insure that our neighborhoods get the necessary investments.

I love EEV but will be moving within five years to Islandview Village near Belle Isle. It is much more economically challenged.
    Could you tell us why you are planning to move to Islandview? Just curious.

Simple answer, I will inherit a century old house. It even comes with a resident ghost.

2blocksaway Guest

I see little difference between EEV and GPP. GPP has an advantage with great parks however. Lived there, found it walkable, great diversity in housing stock and down to earth friendly people.

I have clients in all of the Points, Detroit and other burbs. GPP residents may or may not appreciate that they have far more in common with Detroit then its other GP neighbors.

Short history, GPP was approximately 1/2 of what was originally Fairview Village, an incorporated Village in 1903 and 1/2 of the Village was annexed to Detroit in 1907. GPP became a village and later a city.

EEV is urban since we exist within the city limits. If you know the streets, Downtown is less than 15 minutes away. GPP enjoys the same downtown access but they are not Detroit residents.

Like I said EEV is an urban oassis. Plain and simple this is a great community. I think I was called a cheerleader on this thread, I say hell yes, of course I am. I invite all to check out our neighborhood that I am so proud of.

The city needs people who demand that tax dollars get reinvested into neighborhoods. EEV is doing its part to insure that our neighborhoods get the necessary investments.
    Don't forget public schools you can send your kids to.

Simple answer, I will inherit a century old house. It even comes with a resident ghost
    Well, some people move away from ghosts, but that sounds like a good reason to me.

Don't beat a dead horse. GPP is a great place to live and the schools are good. For people who don't want a Detroit community, but access to downtown, I highly recommend the Park.

I have been beat up slightly because I choose to leave the city for 14 years because of school issues. A lot of those years were spent as renters in GPP. Currently, there is a lot more options for education in Detroit because of charter schools than when my kids were young. I had to drive my kids 28 miles each day to get them a a good DPS education. It got stale.

I love it here in EEV, know most of my neighbors and community spirit is very strong. I look forward to taking lessons learned here to Islandview. Know most of my neighbors there too.

Of course Detroit has problems. It just annoys me that so many people discount this city, the majority of Detroiters are so friendly and frankly just amazing people.

PS: the ghost in Islandview is benign. Its a little girl. I plan on doing a little research to find out her story.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6