I have lived in EEV since 1995. I am orignally from the Fenton area and have lived in Brighton, Novi and now EEV. I can honestly say I love this neighborhood. My son went to school at 2 private schools in the area along with most of his neighborhood friends. There is a strong sense of community and family here.
My neighbors are great! My neighborhood association is active and concerned for its residents, our housing stock is incrdible and there are no two houses alike.
We have struggled over the years, and the economic conditions of this region are not helping, however, I believe we are turning the corner. We are seeing more sales of vacant houses in our neighborhood. We have seen less crime and we are seeing more involvement by the residents in important inititaives like the block captain program and the EMMA house project. We typically have 120 people or more at our monthly community meetings.

I have no idea what the future holds but I can tell you- if you want to live in a neighborhood in Detroit you could do far worse than EEV. It is my home, I love it and I will do whatever I can to preserve it, and I am not alone in that endeavor. I hope you come visit and decide to stay!