Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Suburban Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I find it funny that someone that claims to have a point is by far and away posting the most pointless logic imaginable.

I found this quote:

It's always nice to get my advice from someone that doesn't live here. At least the Time folks are living here.
    Why would you waste time searching archives to find out whether I live there? I could have saved you 5 minutes and told you that I don't. But I'm willing to bet that I'm still more familiar with the situation in Detroit than you.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Why would you waste time searching archives to find out whether I live there? I could have saved you 5 minutes and told you that I don't. But I'm willing to bet that I'm still more familiar with the situation in Detroit than you.
    Whatever. You're right. It was a waste of time looking that up, for the waste of nanoseconds out of my life. I saw it before, thought it relevant. Yeah. I'll bet you are more informed than I. So much so that you left the area for greener pastures. yep, you're right. Informed and educated. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Whatever. You're right. It was a waste of time looking that up, for the waste of nanoseconds out of my life. I saw it before, thought it relevant. Yeah. I'll bet you are more informed than I. So much so that you left the area for greener pastures. yep, you're right. Informed and educated. Good luck with that.
    Yep. Yep. Yep, yep. Oops. Yep. Yep. Yep. Thanks. Yep. Thanks.

See, we do agree!

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Yep. Yep. Yep, yep. Oops. Yep. Yep. Yep. Thanks. Yep. Thanks.

See, we do agree!
    Forgot the sarcasm font above. Sorry.

And I thought moving to the suburbs is a way to get away from violent crime.

How come every time someone mentions crime in the suburbs, so many suburbanites start to froth at the mouth and use the old stand by: "at least its not as bad as Detroit"?

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    How come every time someone mentions crime in the suburbs, so many suburbanites start to froth at the mouth and use the old stand by: "at least its not as bad as Detroit"?

Because it isn't.........and because it seems to be a continuing, transparent theme of this forum. "Crime happens everywhere not just in Detroit"

The evidence is overwhelming. The manifestations of crime in Detroit are loss of people and businesses. Name one other city in the country that has suffered as deeply as Detroit because of crime driving people and businesses out.

Crime does happen all over, but how it has devastated Detroit is almost a singular thing.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21308562/detail.html

DETROIT -- Police said a woman fatally shot her 18-year-old boyfriend Thursday afternoon on Detroit's east side.

The shooting happened at about 2:30 p.m. Thursday near Greenfield and West Chicago roads.

Police said the woman, either 17 or 18 years old, is in police custody in connection with the fatal shooting of Darnell Stevens.

Investigators are trying to determine if the shooting was a result of an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    Because it isn't.........and because it seems to be a continuing, transparent theme of this forum. "Crime happens everywhere not just in Detroit"

The evidence is overwhelming. The manifestations of crime in Detroit are loss of people and businesses. Name one other city in the country that has suffered as deeply as Detroit because of crime driving people and businesses out.

Crime does happen all over, but how it has devastated Detroit is almost a singular thing.
    A shrinking economy devastated Detroit. Crime was a side-effect.

Default Suburbanites committing crimes in Detroit

"A dispute over a woman led to bullets flying between two men and Detroit Police outside a party store on the city's northeast side overnight.

Nobody was shot during the dispute, which began at about 11:30 p.m. Thursday outside a party store at West McNichols and McKay, according to Detroit Police.

According to the police report, a 38-year-old Dearborn man tried to slash the tires of another man working at a party store. But the 37-year-old worker from Sterling Heights came out of the store shooting. He then turned toward responding officers holding the gun, eliciting shots from the cops before both men were arrested."

Sounds like a couple of Iraqis fighting over a woman with backhair. No story here.

Quote Originally Posted by dcmorrison12 View Post
    "He then turned toward responding officers holding the gun, eliciting shots from the cops before both men were arrested."
    Not too often that you see this type of scenario play out where the cops bullets don't end up in the guy, and the guy doesn't end up in the morgue.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Sounds like a couple of Iraqis fighting over a woman with backhair. No story here.
    No just 3rd world justice being carried out in the United States

As usual, dcmorrison is hard at work looking at ways to divide our region further with another city vs. suburb thread. Keep digging for stories buddy, you might be able to find something on a crime being committed somewhere other than Detroit that proves... uh.. something?

Five Plead Guilty to Robbing Bank on Way to Cedar Point

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/48872502.html

So, crime happens everywhere. Please delete this pointless thread.

crawford Guest

Hey, I heard a crime was committed in New Zealand today!

This means Detroit is no different from anywhere else, right?

Backhair?

There's nothing happening here, move along.

Doesn't anyone find it interesting that the news source got BOTH street names wrong? The location is E. [[not W.) McNichols and MacKay [[not McKay).

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21316053/detail.html

2 Brothers Accused Of Stealing Copper

Scrap Yards Could Face Charges

POSTED: Friday, October 16, 2009
    UPDATED: 12:32 pm EDT October 16, 2009
    DETROIT -- Two Detroit brothers accused of stealing more than $10,000 worth of copper are behind bars.

Leaders of Detroit's Copper Theft Task Force said the 27-year-old and 19-year-old stole copper wiring from a Detroit Public Lighting yard over the last four months.

The older brother was arrested on Wednesday wearing a ski mask and holding a hacksaw in the public lighting yard on Grinnel Road near French Road in Detroit, police said.

According to police, the younger brother was found nearby in a car with a mask and a Walkie Talkie device.

Police said the brothers are suspects in 35 break-ins.

When arrested, the two men gave police bogus letters claiming they were authorized to sell the copper.

Detroit Police Chief Warren Evans he is now focused on the scrap yards that purchased the stolen copper.

"We're really concerned about what they thought gave them the authorization to be buying this scrap on a regular basic. It doesn't take a rocket scientists to figure out people don't come in every day with spools of this stuff with the insulation stripped off legitimately," said Evans.

Man, 26, Accused Of Molesting Child

Royal Oak Man Arraigned On 9 Felony Charges

what has this forum come to? Mizz, what is your point? Spreading a dumbing down of conversation? This is not the Freep Comment section, don't behave like it is.

Default legalize drugs

I have often wondered as to the social impact that the legalizing of drugs would have. I practiced law im Michigan although I have moved south. I handled a number of drug matters and that thought has always nagged me. Legalizing the drugs might take the money out of the criminal element, but what else would it do. I would like the thoughts of Detroiters as to that issue. I eventually refused to represent sellers of heroin at that point. I did have friends who claimed they kept recreational cocaine in their home on a regular basis. Couldn't understand that. Feel free to send your thoughts. tppanther@bellsouth.net
    Last edited by Ted Paul; October-16-09 at 05:53 PM. Reason: email address

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast