Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by aoife View Post
    Because I live there. And everywhere I shop roughly half the people are black. So unless the demographics of Grosse Pointe have radically changed since the last census count it seems a safe assumption that most of the black shoppers are from someplace else.
    You said they are from Detroit, not someplace else.

crawford Guest

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    And they are from Detroit! Where else are they from?

Take a look at a map sometime. GP isn't convenient to anyone who isn't in the Pointes or on the East Side, so if the customers are black, they are mostly Detroiters.

Quote Originally Posted by crawford View Post
    And they are from Detroit! Where else are they from?

Take a look at a map sometime. GP isn't convenient to anyone who isn't in the Pointes or on the East Side, so if the customers are black, they are mostly Detroiters.
    Or Warren, or Roseville, or Eastpointe, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Wow. East Detroit, get a life. You know exactly what I meant.

I am a recent arrival to this part of the state, so this hyper-sensitivity about race and geographical identity is all new to me. Lesson learned. Next time I'll just keep my mouth shut lest I hurt the feelings of some random race-baiter on an internet board.

crawford Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Or Warren, or Roseville, or Eastpointe, etc.
    Highly unlikely in terms of raw numbers.

There are 750,000 African Americans in Detroit, and about 15,000 in the other three cities.

I'm betting that the city with 60-70 times the African American population is a more likely source of African American consumer demand.

There are 750,000 African Americans in Detroit, and about 15,000 in the other three cities.

I'm betting that the city with 60-70 times the African American population is a more likely source of African American consumer demand.
    Wrong. Eastpointe, high number of African Americans, same goes for Roseville and, increasingly, Warren and Sterling Heights. Macomb County is rapidly becoming a very diverse area.

But you wouldn't know that from 600 miles away now, would you?

Pulling numbers out of your ass doesn't make them fact. I've noticed your increasing propensity to quote numbers as if you are stating fact when you have no clue what you are talking about. What is funny is the contradictions built into your claims.

1. You have previously stated 'Personally, I think the "real" population [[to be revealed for 2010) is much closer to 777,000 than 912,000.'. Yet you believe that Detroit has 750,000 bklack residents. So the white, hispanic, chaldean, etc only make up 27,000 residents?

2. You have also gone on about how impoversihed Detroit is with no disposable income but somehow you assume anyone black people spending money must be from Detroit. If the stadard belief is that middle class blacks are fleeing the city [[I'm sure I could find a quote fo your stating this) why is it silly to assume many of the black residents supporting businesses along Mack may have been those that have fled.

You're getting more comical the more you throw out unfounded claims and make up numbers to back up your bs claims. How is life in fantasy land where claims are automatically true if you make up a number to back them?

crawford Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Wrong. Eastpointe, high number of African Americans, same goes for Roseville and, increasingly, Warren and Sterling Heights. Macomb County is rapidly becoming a very diverse area.

But you wouldn't know that from 600 miles away now, would you?
    LOL, I quoted Census numbers!

Argue with them, genius, if you think that Eastpointe has a bigger population than Detroit!

And, believe it or not, the internet exists outside of Southeast MI. I can access the Census from even Mexico!

crawford Guest

Pulling numbers out of your ass doesn't make them fact. I've noticed your increasing propensity to quote numbers as if you are stating fact when you have no clue what you are talking about. What is funny is the contradictions built into your claims.
    No, but Census numbers are fact. I state Census numbers.

And you would seriously have to be brain dead if you think Eastpointe is a more populous city than Detroit, or if you think there are more blacks in the Pointes or Southern Macomb than in Detroit.
    1. You have previously stated 'Personally, I think the "real" population [[to be revealed for 2010) is much closer to 777,000 than 912,000.'. Yet you believe that Detroit has 750,000 bklack residents. So the white, hispanic, chaldean, etc only make up 27,000 residents?
    I guess numbers aren't your strong point?

Current Census numbers are through 2007. I stated that in 2010, the real Detroit population will be closer to 777,000 than 912,000. So, if it will be, let's say 800,000 in 2010, it's probably 850,000 or so in 2007.

And Detroit is about 90% black, so 750,000 is probably lowballing the number of AAs in Detroit per 2007 Census.
    2. You have also gone on about how impoversihed Detroit is with no disposable income .
    You are lying. I never said this.
    but somehow you assume anyone black people spending money must be from Detroit.
    Again, you are lying. I never said this.

Most, not anyone! You understand the difference?

Most blacks in Southeast MI live in Detroit proper. Therefore, most blacks shopping ANYWHERE in SE MI are likely to be from Detroit.

And we are talking Mack Ave. which is across the street from Detroit! You really think it's primarily blacks from Inkster and Southfield shopping on Mack?
    If the stadard belief is that middle class blacks are fleeing the city [[I'm sure I could find a quote fo your stating this) why is it silly to assume many of the black residents supporting businesses along Mack may have been those that have fled.
    It isn't silly, and in fact I agree with this statement! It's the same statement I made!

Many blacks are in the burbs, but obviously most are in Detroit!

No, but Census numbers are fact. I state Census numbers.

And you would seriously have to be brain dead if you think Eastpointe is a more populous city than Detroit, or if you think there are more blacks in the Pointes or Southern Macomb than in Detroit.

I guess numbers aren't your strong point? !
    Nowhere was that stated or remotely implied. Comprehension certainly is not a strong point of yours.

Current Census numbers are through 2007. I stated that in 2010, the real Detroit population will be closer to 777,000 than 912,000. So, if it will be, let's say 800,000 in 2010, it's probably 850,000 or so in 2007.

And Detroit is about 90% black, so 750,000 is probably lowballing the number of AAs in Detroit per 2007 Census.!
    So you stated that you believe the real numbers in 2010 will be about 777,000 yet you state that there are 750,000 AA in Detroit currently. Even using your 90% [[that is not based on anything more than your opinion) for 750,000 AA to be in Detroit would imply that there are 825,000 people in the city. So Detroit will lose 48,000 people between now and 2010?

Your numbers are not adding up. I agree that Detroit is declining in population and is majority black. I just wanted to point out the contradicting numbers you use to help your cause. You are now bringing in 2007 as a date of reference but your previous post stated there are 750,000 AA in Detroit which would certainly imply current date.

This is a minor point but it is to show your lack of consistency and facts when throwing out random numbers.

You are lying. I never said this.
    I may have been mistaken. I'm sure I can find a quote of yours to support this. If not, I will apologize.

Again, you are lying. I never said this.

Most, not anyone! You understand the difference?

Most blacks in Southeast MI live in Detroit proper. Therefore, most blacks shopping ANYWHERE in SE MI are likely to be from Detroit.

And we are talking Mack Ave. which is across the street from Detroit! You really think it's primarily blacks from Inkster and Southfield shopping on Mack?
    I do understand the difference but your statement "And they are from Detroit! Where else are they from?" certainly implies all, not most. Funny you discuss the numbers of Detroit's black population then go on to mention black people from Inkster and Southfield. When comparing the numbers of Detroit to other communities you may want to cut the numbers drastically since the 750,000 [[your made up number are through the entire city. It is safe to assume that the people living on the far Westside aren't coming to Mack to shop. So in comparing numbers of black shoppers in other Eastside communities to Detroit you may want to drastcially lower your 750,000 number and consider those that are within a certain distance.

This is just another case of your convoluted logic.

It isn't silly, and in fact I agree with this statement! It's the same statement I made!

Many blacks are in the burbs, but obviously most are in Detroit!
    Maybe this is where you need to change statements like 'And they are from Detroit! Where else are they from?' and make yourself a little more clear.

Your lack of calrity and tendency to use random numbers as fact really distract from the actual topic of conversation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3