Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Then I honestly don't know what ideas to offer up then. If the bridge company does this and that then why bother? Your efforts only pay off until they actually do their part first.

From what you are saying, at least we can trust the landscaping is getting taken care of. I'd say go all out on that, but here's the thing.... Why don't they go all the way and just begin a full renovation? If they are investing in a very expensive fence, this tells me MCS is not going to see any real renovation work soon. How long will you all continue to prop up this property under his ownership?

You mentioned that the building is still open to some extent because the city hasn't done their part. It doesn't matter. If there is a bridge company side of the property, and a city side of the property then seal the respective property you have control over.

You said
    The big thing to make this all work is getting the city on board with their property
    So does this mean the bridge company has no intention of sealing up the back of the property themselves, but relying on the city? If I have intruders enter my building from the back alley, we simply lock the door on our property. Easy. I only bring this up because the things you say start to conflict. Maybe you will say "the bridge company will fix this" but:

1. I don't believe they will.
    2. You make ambiguous and conflicting statements on the intentions for future work.

So at this point, good luck. But I really believe the ultimate fate of this building will not be the result of all the volunteer work. I actually hope I am proven wrong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    . But I really believe the ultimate fate of this building will not be the result of all the volunteer work. I actually hope I am proven wrong on this.
    No volunteers, the only volunteers are the three guys on MCSPS Inc, making phone calls and get professionals to come and do their thing.

Right now I'm only speculating, the Bridge company will better seal their edge of the property, but it'd also be nice to stop it at the source. What if someone is entering your apartment that you dont want there? You can't go to the front door and change the lock on your own.

Getting the city on board would be great because it really stops people twice. Also if the bridge co. wants to use the excuse "because of national security" they'd really have a case here, because those tracks are definitely part of international commerce and if someone really wanted to, they could do severe damage under there.