Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Under terms of the settlement, Amazon will not delete such works unless the consumer agrees, unless a refund is requested or unless the work contains some harmful embedded code that would hurt operation of the Kindle.
    Hmm. That's an enticing phrase. It sounds like a challenge.

ccbatson Guest

And replace it as soon as the legal hurdles are cleared.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    2 problems with that statement. First, fascism is an ideology and product of thought...second, you don't know what fascism is.
    More to the point- those who think fascism is a working model for the US, such as the GOP are obviously not thinking, since it has historically never worked, and only leads to anarchy.

And you are the one famous for shape-shifting the dictionary meaning of words to suit your dogma. Sorry, but it doesn't play with educated people.

ccbatson Guest

How many times have I posted the definition of fascism and asked that you explain how even the merest scintilla of the definition applies to conservatism?

Lorax Guest

The Hannity version of "fascism" is meaningless, sorry.

And since when have I ever defined "conservatism" as fascist?

There you go again with your world of absolutes. It must be tiring for you.

Real conservatism hasn't existed in this country since well before Reagan.

Fascism is what best describes the "Rethuglicans" of the last 30 years or so.

Why do you think I don't refer to them as "Republicans?"

Talk about things being axiomatic!

ccbatson Guest

I posted dictionary definitions...not Sean Hannity's...although, he is using the correct dictionary version as well...deal with that Lorax.

Lorax Guest

We will agree to disagree.

Fascism is the corporate/government blending of interests until one is unrecognizable from the other.

Hitler and Mussolini, and George Bush practiced it in varying forms.

Why not let the inventor of modern fascism define it?
    http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/m...i-fascism.html

Excellent, jiminnm. That should settle the controversy once and for all. [[But of course it won't...)

ccbatson Guest

Cast in a far to favorable light by its' founder. We must use the definition applied from unbiased sources largely in hindsight of the success or failure of the ideology over time.

Fair attempt to answer the challenge Lorax. Apply the definition to Bush, and then to Obama and you will see that Obama is closer to a fascist then liberals will ever admit, and GWB is nothing of the sort.

Lorax Guest

Sorry, but I got the opposite impression from the posted screed.

It certainly won't win any prizes for clarity, but it seems to indicate GWB or "Tushie" as he's affectionately know around here would qualify as an unwitting player with Dick Cheezney as the real fist-pumper of the fascist Reich.

ccbatson Guest

You are babbling now Lorax.

Lorax Guest

Just keepin' pace with you, "Doc."

That isn't babble, Cc, he is merely using language in a way that causes one to stretch one's mind a bit.

Yours lost its resiliency somewhere along the line...if you ever had it!

Cheers

Lorax Guest

Although I'm not a doctor, [[ I play one on the TV as some do here on this forum), but in my unprofessional opinion, the dear "Doctor" has lost his cerebral elasticity- easily corrected by a regimen of mental calisthenics, brought on by:

Being in a position to save a stray kitten, and actually doing it.

Volunteering at your local homeless shelter or soup kitchen

Donating your professional time and industry to those less fortunate

Discovering your child is gay

All of these things are examples of what will bring out the true in you.

Life is how you react to situations- both those within your control, and especially those out of your control. Your attitude and your deeds speak volumes.

Since Batts prides himself on being some sort of cold, monolitic "objectivist" property loving strict constructionist with an avaricious streak, then I'd say all bets are off that he's someone who will change anytime soon.

Being broke helps, so perhaps when his "raison d'etre" is removed, like a lanced boil, then perhaps the reaction to his given situation will bring out the amended personality. If not, it rarely ends well for such people.

I believe in redemption, have seen it work- but the material world must melt away for some folks before the realization is revealed.
    Last edited by Lorax; October-10-09 at 06:23 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Being broke only helps if it illustrates the need to be responsible and productive to positive effect. Very destructive if it produces a dependency mentality. Criminal for the government to enable said dependency.

ccbatson Guest

BTW...1, 2, 3, 4 [[4 out of 5) I have done/experienced. Giving is not bad...altruism is. Altruism is where guilt/pressure, or frank commands force an individual to put the collective ahead of the right to be an individual in control and possession of what is theirs and theirs alone. Only when this core right is established is true giving possible.

Lorax Guest

Being broke only helps if it illustrates the need to be responsible and productive to positive effect. Very destructive if it produces a dependency mentality. Criminal for the government to enable said dependency.
    So, would it work wonders on you? Be transformative? Or would you delve into self-pity and sanctimonious self-righteousness.

Oops.

Sad, but you are incorrect in your usual assumptions and generalizations.

People aren't always broke to prove a point for you or because they weren't responsible and productive. In fact, its less often true than false

Your comments are at once callous, vacuous and based in ignorance.

ccbatson Guest

LORAX claimed that it helps, not me East Detroit.

Lorax Guest

LORAX claimed that it helps, not me East Detroit.
    Quit whining, "Doc."

As if one needs to be broke in order to have access to poductivity and responsibility? Is that what gives the individual's experience value in your eyes? What if they were contributing, responsible people before, and through no circumstance of their own, end up destitute?

Does your libertarian streak still blame the victim?

Thrill me with your acumen.

ccbatson Guest

Having the opportunity to succeed means accepting the risk of failure. Anyone understanding this knows that they will start over and succeed the next time after any failure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2