Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by BShea View Post
    <snip>...Do you want to damage that trade just to spite Moroun?
    No. I simply believe that trade between the US and Canada is a public good that warrants public investment. It should not be a private monopoly. We subsidize I94, I75, M-59. We should similarly subsidize a public bridge in the public interest.

[[The fact that Matty is a difficult person who won't work well with others [[MDOT, Lafayette Bait, City of Detroit parks, etc.) makes it clearer that he should not be in sole control of a crossing that affects our economy.)

The fact that he doesn't allow pedestrians or bicycles, however, is the unforgivable sin. Especially when mandated by the bridge's charter.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; June-05-11 at 07:44 PM. Reason: proper punctuation