Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary View Post
    Gnome,
    Everyone is expected to use basic writing skills to get their point across.

Correction: Everyone is expected to use basic writing skills to his point across.
    Actually, both are grammatically correct.

Yes, AlsoDave, but Ordinary's correction is more precise. I was trying to use non-gender specific language, and as we all know, p.c. laden writing is mushy and inexact.

More to the point on MysticMaven's transgressions. I fear I was a tad harsh on the lad. Gannon's approach was much better. I just get tired of noobs begging others to their homework for them.

Msytic, please accept my appologies. I will try to polish my niceness gene.
    Last edited by gnome; September-28-09 at 02:54 PM.

MysticalHalf, I own a book you may be interested in checking out sometime. It is called "Motor City Mafia- A Century of Organized Crime in Detroit". The book is in the Images of America series.

Retroit Guest

Here's the Run Down, MysticHalf:

You got the Light Rail Dudes. They Think that a Light Rail System will Solve all Detroit's Problems. Then you got the Race Patrol. These Guys are on the Lookout for any Mention of Race so They can Label You a Racist. Then you got the Old Time Buffs. They want to Talk about them Old Buildings. Then you have the Picky Mouths. They like to Fight over the Best Hot Dogs and such.

Man you guys are harsh.
    Gnome, I love the twitter comment.
    MysticalHalf, you would be well served to listen to Gannon’s advice.

This book may help with your research:
    Autobiography of Butch Jones Y.B.I. Young Boys Inc., Richard Canty author, H Publications [[July 1996), ISBN-10: 1889557005, ISBN-13: 978-1889557007.

Retroit!

Brilliant...heh.

Can I get a shout-out for the Conspiracy Nuts? Of course, we won't join together in any sort of gang. Won't join any club that would have the likes of us. [[my apologies to W.C.Fields and Woody Allen...)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalHalf View Post
    i really don't understand why people care about spelling or capitalization, I'm pretty sure i made WSU capitalized because its an abbreviation and a place. No reason for you guys to make snotty remarks or be a-holes, i figured somebody on here would have reasonably good information. thanks a alot
    I wasn't making snotty remarks, I was actually speaking on your behalf, when I said I thought people, places and things were supposed to be capitalized. Now, I've been informed otherwise.

Damn, it was GROUCHO who said that...

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I wasn't making snotty remarks, I was actually speaking on your behalf, when I said I thought people, places and things were supposed to be capitalized. Now, I've been informed otherwise.
    When they're referred to by name they should be [[John drove his Chevy to Detroit), but not when the name isn't specified [[the man drove his car to the city). Thus, "the History of Organized Crime in Detroit" should be "the history of organized crime in Detroit," while "the Purple gang and prohibtion [sic] era" should be "the Purple Gang and Prohibition era," since "Purple Gang" and "Prohibition" are names used to refer to a specific gang and a specific era. Capitalizing verbs [["Then Moving on") or adjectives [["would be Great") mid-sentence is just straight-up wrong.

So does anyone have good stories for the kid? Seems you guys should be promoting his education and suggesting ways to help him out rather than criticizing him.

We are helping him, by pointing out his lack of clarity expressing himself...if he [[she?) had said they were just looking for suggestions for further research, that'd be different.
    Using an opinion forum to research facts is just wrong, and our young friend needs to know that.

Now I'm sure he knows he mis-spoke when saying he was researching facts, and knows now he is seeking only LEADS.

If anyone catches a lead in any way, public forum or Wikipedia or whatever, they simply need to substantiate it and prove its validity. [[with better, solid sources establishing fact beyond reasonable doubt)

Anyone who denies these sources of LEADS is denying GOOD practice in discovery...because one needs the w-i-d-e-s-t net to gather, and the finest nose to ferret.

See it here? Prove it. Find it on Wiki, don't end your research there. Dig, dig, and dig more until it is substantiated.

What more can be said? Go for it!
    Last edited by Gannon; September-28-09 at 05:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2