Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    God forbid we teach children to have respect for the men who have served as President of the United States.
    Key words are "respect" [[something you earn, or else we'd all be hearing you tell us to "respect" Bush, Reagan, et al) and "served" as in "done time, accomplished something, made his mark, etc." Generally speaking, we sing songs about heroes, not participants.I don't particularly care if little kids sing about Obama..I don't believe it's part of anything more scary than an overzealous teacher happy that her candidate won..that said, the thing that creeps me out is hearing all the justification that libs spout for the event..it was little kids singing a stupid song, not a "deserved" show of "respect" or anything else so grand.Period, end of story.

CCBatson and ZRX Doug, I presume this is okay?

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2006/0...uths-of-babes/

CCBatson and ZRX Doug, I presume this is okay?

Not so much. Using children for propaganda photo-ops & sound bytes is never too thrilling, IMHO.

I think it's funny that y'all seem to think I adored Bush simply because I DON'T adore Obama..crooked is crooked, wasteful is wasteful, and dumb is dumb..don't much matter what color it is or what side of the political fence it sits on.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Back on topic...I wonder what songs the kindergarteners will be singing in praise of the megalomaniac Obama if he adds 3 months of indoctrination.
    Probably like the songs being sung to George Tush in the various clips now online showing grade schoolers praising the fascist Reich of the Bush Crime Family.

and here's another from Jesus Camp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdt_f0hwUg

How freaky is this? Godlike worship for the Dear Leader of the Tushes.

I can't tell you how this would fly because alotta teachers backed Obama and alotta teachers love summer break. I have learned about the whole theory of relativity deal. I work in the schools and belive me the Ol Lady wishes I didn't have to work days during the summer.I get grumpy.
    I myself by the end of summer vacation can't wait for the kids to go back.I have no problems for the most part at one of my schools during the summer, Yet at another all the summer the kids just hang out, tear up crap, ETC.
    The President to me is trying to change to much too soon.I don't dislike the man, Yet I question his plans alot. Reminds me of the promises Clinton told everyone , Yet with a really bad economy.
    War, bad economy, possible 9/11 stuff in the wings, and now he is saying the school year is too short.Hell He is as bad as I am with planning. Christ sakes clear a plate start on another.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Probably like the songs being sung to George Tush in the various clips now online showing grade schoolers praising the fascist Reich of the Bush Crime Family.

and here's another from Jesus Camp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdt_f0hwUg

How freaky is this? Godlike worship for the Dear Leader of the Tushes.
    Well, not to defend these things, but #1 is a bunch of kids thanking the prez, congress, and FEMA for their work helping after a natural disaster..at an event where they actually met the man's wife..sorta standard, don'tcha think?
    #2 is just plain flaky church-people..don't even TRY to tell me ya don't think that Obama's flaky church-people wouldn't be just as um..entertaining.
    Point is, neither of those events appears to be taking place in a publicly funded school, yanno?
    BTW, why always with the ad-homs for Bush?
    What happened to "show respect for the president?"

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Doug View Post
    Well, not to defend these things, but #1 is a bunch of kids thanking the prez, congress, and FEMA for their work helping after a natural disaster..at an event where they actually met the man's wife..sorta standard, don'tcha think?
    #2 is just plain flaky church-people..don't even TRY to tell me ya don't think that Obama's flaky church-people wouldn't be just as um..entertaining.
    Point is, neither of those events appears to be taking place in a publicly funded school, yanno?
    BTW, why always with the ad-homs for Bush?
    What happened to "show respect for the president?"
    There's nothing disrespectful toward George W. Bush in pointing out a hypocritical position held by those on the right. The right-wing would have you believe that school children singing songs about Barack Obama is "dangerous" and akin to the "Khmer Rouge" [[Tucker Carlson), yet they seem to forget recent history. What makes one song "indoctrination" while the other is just "a buncha kids", or even "flaky church people"? The only difference seems to be the politcal party of the sitting President. THAT, my friends, is DANGEROUS.

Now, it wouldn't be so sad if George W. Bush and Mike "Heckuva Job" Brown had actually moved their asses to help these poor kids.

Lorax Guest

With the massive waste the Tush Administration engaged in with public funds, I have no problem with the kids singing about the president. After living under the Tush Regime, as the vast majority of minorities in America felt they were, this is more of a liberating moment for people to have something positive to sing about.

I resented Tush's office of "faith based initiatives" which was giving public money to radical Christofascist organizations.

For Rethuglicans to go there is laughable- The Jesusfreak Rethuglicans worshiped the ground their Dear Leader walked on, just like Jesus.

Lorax, with all your "Tush" "Rethuglican" adolescent wordplay nonsense, I'm expecting any time YoUll sTarT TypINg LikE THIs and using words like "kewl" and "guyz".

There's nothing disrespectful toward George W. Bush in pointing out a hypocritical position held by those on the right. The right-wing would have you believe that school children singing songs about Barack Obama is "dangerous" and akin to the "Khmer Rouge" [[Tucker Carlson), yet they seem to forget recent history. What makes one song "indoctrination" while the other is just "a buncha kids", or even "flaky church people"? The only difference seems to be the politcal party of the sitting President. THAT, my friends, is DANGEROUS.

Now, it wouldn't be so sad if George W. Bush and Mike "Heckuva Job" Brown had actually moved their asses to help these poor kids.
    You mean the way that Barrack "let's get the olympics to Chicago" Obama & Joe "heckuva job" Biden have been helping the folks who are currently getting flooded out down in GA?
    Just saying..
    And the disrespect towards Bush I was pointing out had nothing to do with the example links that were posted, and everything to do with the juvenile "Tush" comments..

Yes, I mean EXACTLY like that..the story you linked doesn't include Biden's amusingly nostalgic "heckuva job" quote re: FEMA in GA, but you'll notice that our current president hasn't visited the area or had much to say on the subject.

Yes, I mean EXACTLY like that..the story you linked doesn't include Biden's amusingly nostalgic "heckuva job" quote re: FEMA in GA, but you'll notice that our current president hasn't visited the area or had much to say on the subject.
    Before you take the thread on a tangent, perhaps you can explain why you're opposed to additional education for our children, who lag behind most industrialized nations in academic achievement.

I mean, you'll bitch about this proposal on an internet forum. You'll claim that education is a local issue, but then you admit you don't even engage yourself on a local level as pertains to education. Put up or shut up, I say.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; September-30-09 at 12:04 PM.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Lorax, with all your "Tush" "Rethuglican" adolescent wordplay nonsense, I'm expecting any time YoUll sTarT TypINg LikE THIs and using words like "kewl" and "guyz".
    Nah, I'll leave that to you, you're so good at it!

I'll just stick to the same old Rethuglicans, Tushes, Beckerheads, etc. It lends the proper air of respect due this bunch of Neanderthals.

Before you take the thread on a tangent, perhaps you can explain why you're opposed to additional education for our children, who lag behind most industrialized nations in academic achievement.

I mean, you'll bitch about this proposal on an internet forum. You'll claim that education is a local issue, but then you admit you don't even engage yourself on a local level as pertains to education. Put up or shut up, I say.
    What say you read my original post instead.
    I'm not against "more education," but I am of the opinion that quality means more than quantity.
    Adding more hours to the shitty curriculum that I've witnessed amounts to extended daycare, not improved educations.

What say you read my original post instead.
    I'm not against "more education," but I am of the opinion that quality means more than quantity.
    Adding more hours to the shitty curriculum that I've witnessed amounts to extended daycare, not improved educations.
    Admittedly, the curriculum leaves much to be desired. But changing the school schedule to a year-'round one would be a step in a positive direction if only to the extent that it would minimize "backsliding" by students over the extended summer break.

Baby steps, Doug. Baby steps.

Even if the POTUS doesn't have the Constitutional authority to do it, it's still a good idea for someone to do it.

Students needn't backslide, read my post ^^.

Perhaps the schools should find a more modern and more efficient way to educate students. The way to improve a substandard activity isn't to do it more. It's to do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    To be honest, I think this really needs to happen. Nothing against vacation for kids, but it's way too long.
    Yeah, lets take our broke Government that has cut education to the bone, and expand it with more Chinese dollars. Let's even open the schools at night, so that families see each other less and less. Let's open schools on weekends so working Americans never see their kids.

Where is the money going to come from for this? The government is broke.
    Furthermore, what trashy teachers are they going to get that are willing to work nights and weekends? And what kind of content will the teachers be presenting to the students when they have no time for class prep?

Today's teachers already take their work home with them. They grade papers at night, and plan the next school day on their own time. If they work extended hours, they will lack the rest they need, and the time they need to get the most they can out of the classroom.

If our students are doing poorly, maybe we should re-evaluate the state [[government) forced curriculum and see what exactly can be improved upon. The teachers teach what they are TOLD to teach. If it's not working, then we should look at creating improved lessons for the teachers to teach.

Ever take your car to a shop that's open at night? You get alcoholic mechanics and riff-raff working on your car. The skilled workers work the day shift. Expand education to nights and weekends, you'll get either tired, worn out teachers or riff-raff that is desperate enough for a job to work the bad schedule.

ccbatson Guest

Who organized that tribute to FEMA? Teachers? Schools? Even if they did, the content of the praise was for a specific act, not for a person in total.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Who organized that tribute to FEMA? Teachers? Schools? Even if they did, the content of the praise was for a specific act, not for a person in total.

Oh, yeah, picking nits yet again. You really do need to get a nit comb. Bats are carriers, I hear.

What was your critique of the Jesus Camp losers worshiping a cardboard cutout of George Tush? You conveniently left out that one.

"George Tush?" WTF is that all about?
    Are we in the third grade here? If I stoop to calling the current occupant of the oval office "Buttcrack Insane Yo'mama," do I get a prize for most original waste of intellect in creating a juvenile pseudonym?

This is friggin' retarded..step your game up, dude.
    Last edited by ZRX Doug; October-01-09 at 08:24 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Nice complement ZRX...it is very big of you to turn the other cheek and elevate the author of those posts to that of a 3rd grader.

Since right wing radicals on AM radio act like third grade bullies, perhaps he was bringing his writing down to a level you better understand.

If you have a problem with it, I suggest you call the ditto head shows and tell their hosts to act in a more mature fashion, as it makes the whole movement appear uneducated and ignorant.

ccbatson Guest

Cutting and pasting your own responses now Detroitej72?

Ironic response coming from you, considering your posts tend to be the same, repetitive responses

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast