Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ccbatson Guest

Logic doesn't indoctrinate.

Notice the responses to the objectivist reasoning are angry and irrational.

Lorax Guest

Or perhpas a little competition from the the government [[all of us) in the form of a PUBLIC HEALTH CARE OPTION?

Competition drives down prices, and keeps the greed machine in check. Still not as good as a single payer system, but the least we can expect, and should expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Competition drives down prices, and keeps the greed machine in check.
    Just as long as the competition comes from good, right wing companies[[like any owned by Rupert Murdock) and no activist, liberal companies![[like any owned by Ted Turner)

ccbatson Guest

Government cannot be a participant in a true free market and still have the entity be considered a capitalist venture. Where in the constitution is it implied that the government should be involved in this capacity?

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Government cannot be a participant in a true free market and still have the entity be considered a capitalist venture. Where in the constitution is it implied that the government should be involved in this capacity?
    So, by your metric, the Federal Reserve should be abolished, too.

Oh, and BTW, no one was advocating for private insurance and government to "blend" their interests, as you suggest in your post, which whould render the system a fascist one.

The public option is just that- an option, a choice.

Private so-called "capitalist" companies can continue to gouge their customers, or clean up their act, which ever they choose to do. But individuals who are a slave to job-offered health care plans would be free to drop that and take up the government run public option- Medicare for all, in effect.

I thought the mantra of the so-called capitalist system advocated for free markets, open competition? So there should be no objections to public options, enforcing the Sherman Anti-Trust Act for health care companies, where they are now exempt, etc.

Sounds completely free market and capitalistic to me.

ccbatson Guest

ABSOLUTELY the fed should never have been established and should be phased out or dissolved.

No one is suggesting a blend you say? What do you think co ops are?

Co-ops are private sector, unless the government is party to the co-op. C'mon, Cc, even you can't be that obtuse.

Lorax Guest

ABSOLUTELY the fed should never have been established and should be phased out or dissolved.

No one is suggesting a blend you say? What do you think co ops are?
    A blend is what we have now, Batts. The laws governing health care are few and far between. Policy is written by all major corporations through their proxies [[our elected officials) whether it's oil, communications, health care, etc, etc.

The people are not represented anymore, only the wealthy corporations.

Who's suggesting co-ops other than Republican Olympia Snowe? This is a non-starter and doomed to failure.

ccbatson Guest

Elganned...you don't for a moment believe that a coop arrived at in legislation as a reluctant compromise does not intimately involve government do you?

WELL SAID LORAX [[although I doubt you realize the nature of your breakthrough) we do have a blend now...and THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH US HEALTHCARE that needs reforming in the direction of privatization.

Lorax Guest

Elganned...you don't for a moment believe that a coop arrived at in legislation as a reluctant compromise does not intimately involve government do you?

WELL SAID LORAX [[although I doubt you realize the nature of your breakthrough) we do have a blend now...and THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH US HEALTHCARE that needs reforming in the direction of privatization.
    How charitable of you, Batts- hardly a revelation or "breakthrough" to me, perhaps to you.

The outcome should be a public health option, or single payer government provided as a change over what we've been dealing with, which is unregulated corporate fascism.

Why, yes I do. Unlike you, I don't think everything with even peripheral involvement by government is unutterably and irredeemably poisoned.

Unless the government is directly involved in the co-op as a participant, it's a private enterprise. Collective, perhaps, but private.

Anyway, let them set up their "co-ops". They won't solve the problem, or even get off the ground, is my guess. Then we'll have to come back to this same ground and plow it all over again, hoping for a different crop.

ccbatson Guest

Cooperative between who? Government and...whatever. On whose terms? Government's of course....the veil is lifted and the charade is exposed.

Lorax Guest

Cooperative between who? Government and...whatever. On whose terms? Government's of course....the veil is lifted and the charade is exposed.
    Rather like when the curtain was parted, and behold it's Dick Cheney running the show- The Wizard of Oz.

ccbatson Guest

You are in a dodge the issue kind of mood today aren't you Lorax?

Lorax Guest

What exactly am I dodging?

ccbatson Guest

What this coop really is is the issue you are dodging.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3