Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Stosh Guest

Kielson has made a sport of baiting the religious for quite some time, just at this point in time you guys have taken exception to it? Sheesh.

For what it's worth, I can't buy much into the whole Catholic thing anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Kielson has made a sport of baiting the religious for quite some time, just at this point in time you guys have taken exception to it? Sheesh.

For what it's worth, I can't buy much into the whole Catholic thing anymore either.
    I'm not quite fimiliar with everyone's persona on the forum, sorry. I don't care if your not Catholic anymore, but don't attack the church. My aunt is an atheist and former Catholic and is one of the biggest role models of my life, but she doesn't make it her duty to attack the Church every chance she gets. In fact, she doesn't do it all.

Here's a recent story about the church in Detroit - hardly abandonment:
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...shop-for-needy

And this: Detroit Earthworks Urban Farm - that's a work of the Catholic church:
    http://www.cskdetroit.org/EWG/

Or howabout this: Cabrini Clinic in Detroit - Catholic doctors and nurses serving the poor and uninsured in their own neighborhood since 1950 and not gone yet:
    http://www.cabriniclinic.org/

Don't ask dumb questions about Archbishop Vigneron - every day he's leading the effort that makes Catholics serve the poor and most abandoned of detroiters every day. I expect him to lead, to raise money, to keep the organization together, to help the Catholic colleges universities and hospitals here in Detroit who are serving. I don't think that I serve him - nor does he...

This thread went to purgatory quicker than a wayward excommunicant...

As for archbishop vs. Cardinal... Detroit still has 2 living retired cardinals. The likelihood of the current archbishop being elevated to cardinal is not likely as long as they're both still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    I got the catholics all riled up. Ha!
    You got some attention today little fella, now you can giggle with glee and high five yourself in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    This thread went to purgatory quicker than a wayward excommunicant...
    Haha funny!

My words are not hate filled. They are truthful and critical, albeit sarcastic, facetious and silly at times. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are hate filled. Yours is a typical religious response to someone who doesn't believe in, or agree with, your religion or religious views. I don't particularly care what you believe or do with your life, as long as you don't interfere with my life. I have the right to say what I'm saying and you have the right to say what you're saying. I said nothing disrespectful of the archbishop/cardinal. I was critical of his reaction and overly simplistic suggestion to a very serious situation. I don't believe praying is the answer. If you'd like to pray, go ahead and pray. Meanwhile I, as well as others I know, christians and non-christians alike, are doing something. Am I doing everytihng? No. But, I'm doing something. I'm trying. While you're praying, I'm doing something. I'm as human as you are, just not a catholic human. As a kid, I prayed for world peace. It didn't happen. I prayed for poor people. They are still here. Look around you and you'll see what centuries of praying has accomplished. If you start your own website and set the rules, I'll either follow them or not post at your site. Meanwhile, you have no place telling me what I can or cannot say here at DY.

'Baiting'. I don't view it that way. I just have a big mouth and a strong sense of the absurd. I find it absurd that men of the cloth, so to speak, live in big houses with servants and staff, golf and hang at country and private clubs, eat three squares, drive or are chauffered around town and live lives far from poverty and chastity. And then they suggest finding a patron saint to pray to. I see supposed religious leaders living lives of comfort and convenience. If you look around Detroit, you'll see two of the largest homes ever built in the metropolitan area were homes for catholic archbishops/cardinals. I don't believe in religion. I believe it's acculturation.

[[This thread went to purgatory quicker than a wayward excommunicant...)
    Thanks Gistok. That's funny. Skippy here.

Yep, this little fella has been giggling with glee and high fiving myself in the mirror all day. See, you're capable of sarcasm and humour yourself.

I find it absurd that men of the cloth, so to speak, live in big houses with servants and staff, golf and hang at country and private clubs, eat three squares, drive or are chauffered around town and live lives far from poverty and chastity.
    Last time I checked, 150 E. Boston Blvd.[[where the Arch Bishop lives) is about as close to poverty and right in the middle of the trenches in regards to the poor as one could get in Detroit. I guess you weren't aware of that fact. Which leads one to conclude that you really haven't a clue about your silly little tirades on the Detroit Archdiocese. Your only motive is to shred other's who actually care and help out those who are disadvantaged.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; September-30-09 at 11:05 PM.

Yep, this little fella has been giggling with glee and high fiving myself in the mirror all day. See, you're capable of sarcasm and humour yourself.
    Only at the expense of clowns like you who hate anyone who tries to help out and defend others.

My words are not hate filled. They are truthful and critical, albeit sarcastic, facetious and silly at times. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are hate filled. Yours is a typical religious response to someone who doesn't believe in, or agree with, your religion or religious views. I don't particularly care what you believe or do with your life, as long as you don't interfere with my life. I have the right to say what I'm saying and you have the right to say what you're saying. I said nothing disrespectful of the archbishop/cardinal. I was critical of his reaction and overly simplistic suggestion to a very serious situation. I don't believe praying is the answer. If you'd like to pray, go ahead and pray. Meanwhile I, as well as others I know, christians and non-christians alike, are doing something. Am I doing everytihng? No. But, I'm doing something. I'm trying. While you're praying, I'm doing something. I'm as human as you are, just not a catholic human. As a kid, I prayed for world peace. It didn't happen. I prayed for poor people. They are still here. Look around you and you'll see what centuries of praying has accomplished. If you start your own website and set the rules, I'll either follow them or not post at your site. Meanwhile, you have no place telling me what I can or cannot say here at DY.
    FACT CHECK: The Bishop Gallagher House was built FOR THE FISHER BROS., who then gave the house to the Bishop upon completion. The Archdiocese had no hand in the building of the mansion.

You fail to realize, that you are making this seem that he asking us only to pray. I think doing would be a no-brainer. Go get a job, go volunteer, YES! But when you pray, and when you want to pray for the city of Detroit, there is a patron saint. Pray to him/her and ask him/her to help you and help the city to heal. That's the message.

And your right, I don't agree with what you said, I have every right to disagree. You can say whatever you want to at DY, in fact I'm sure you are more knowledgeable in other subjects. But when you come onto a thread and start a tirade of your personal vendetta against the RCC, then please leave the thread. You aren't contributing.

Your exactly the same person, that if I said, athiests are fools and ingnorant, you come right at me like I did to you. Your responses would be the "typical, athiest heathen viewpoints".

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    FACT CHECK: The Bishop Gallagher House was built FOR THE FISHER BROS., who then gave the house to the Bishop upon completion. The Archdiocese had no hand in the building of the mansion.
    And the other house he speaks of was built for John Dodge, at 150 E. Boston Blvd, but instead of researching it he chooses to blindly lie to promote his misguided agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Your exactly the same person, that if I said, atheists are fools and ignorant, you come right at me like I did to you. Your responses would be the "typical, atheist heathen viewpoints".
    Yet he would think of himself as being "open minded" and accepting of others, yet he has shown what's truly in his heart by slamming all Catholics on this forum.

[[Clearly you know nothing about history here). Hmmmmmm. What was that? I've been inside the present residence. It pales in comparison to the previous homes. Just because it's in a bad neighborhood doesn't mean it's not a mansion. Regardless of who built the mansions, the archbishops/cardinals still resided in them. I've been in those homes also. You can't get away from those mansions. No way around that.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; September-30-09 at 11:29 PM.

Just because it's in a bad neighborhood doesn't mean it's not a mansion. Regardless of who built the mansions, the archbishops/cardinals still resided in them. I've been in those homes also. You can't get away from those mansions. No way around that.
    Ok tough guy, move into a house in the Boston Edison District for a year and let me know how it works out for you.

It's Mr. Clown to you. Even if the present residence isn't a mansion, and I certainly don't agree with that assessment, it's quite opulent and plush, and is in no way fitting for any person who's taken a vow of poverty. All of my life, most of the the priests I've know have eaten and drank at the best restaurants, had their homes managed and staffed by cooks, cleaners and waitstaff, much like wealthy businessmen. The present residence in the middle of a poverty stricken neighborhood is a slap in the face to poor and homeless. I know, I know, the archbishop/cardinal is managing a multi-million dollar busines organization. Archbishops/cardinals should be tending to souls, not running businesses, football teams, golfing and attending clubs.

Mr. Tough Guy here. I will now continue with my typical "athiest, heathen viewpoints". I've lived in neighborhoods that make the BE look like West Bloomfield. But this discussion isn't about me, though I'm sure you'd like to switch the focus from the archbishop/cardinal and religious superstitions. C'mon, bring it on. I'm always amazed how angry and hostile religious people become when their 'faith' and 'spirtuality' is discussed and challenged.

You guys forgot the largest mansion in Detroit.

It's Mr. Clown to you.
    Don't you have a rally to join with all the other tea-baggers? [[of whom you have much in common) You all paint with a broad brush in your black and white world, never seeing a touch of grey, or, in this case, the forest for the trees.

Do you believe in evolution? Do you believe in science? Are all of your beliefs based upon faith?

You guys forgot the largest mansion in Detroit.
    Downtowncitylover covered that[[which you conveniently ignore) with the house in Palmer Woods, built by the Fisher Brothers.

Once again, you failed in your history lessons and let your emotions and hatred cloud your brain, you are a ditto head in the making, congratulations.

Do you believe in evolution? Do you believe in science?
    Yes,on both accounts, much as the Catholic Church's teachings are on both subjects.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; October-01-09 at 11:02 AM.

You're better at calling names than I, the 'atheist', 'heathen', ignorant tough guy', 'clown', 'tea bagger', whatever else [[ I must've forgotten a few of the names) you're going to add, could ever hope to be. Maybe confession is in order. If you don't confess your sins, the gates to heaven will be closed to you.

You're better at calling names than I, the 'atheist', 'heathen', ignorant tough guy', 'clown', 'tea bagger', whatever else [[ I must've forgotten a few of the names) you're going to add, could ever hope to be. Maybe confession is in order. If you don't confess your sins, the gates to heaven will be closed to you.
    When did I call you an atheist, heathen, or ignorant?

You seem to label all folks who have faith into one lump sum, why is that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast