Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I changed my mind. My top 10 are...

1. Troy
    2. Royal Oak [[how are you suppose a one way street is a one way street without a one way sign?).
    3. Southfield
    4. Lake Orion
    5.Rochester
    6. South Lyon
    7. Birmingham
    8. West Bloomfield
    9. Macomb Township
    10. Shelby Township

How could you leave out Livonia?

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    How could you leave out Livonia?
    Most certainly Livonia, home of KKK and the police will stop you just for DWB, plus Warren north of 8 south of 696, east of Mound. All trash trash trash. Actually all of the Eastside except GP, GPP and Harperwoods.
    Last edited by exdetroiter; October-09-09 at 09:36 AM.

Trainman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    Most certainly Livonia, home of KKK and the police will stop you just for DWB, plus Warren north of 8 south of 696, east of Mound. All trash trash trash. Actually all of the Eastside except GP, GPP and Harperwoods.
    Livonia is home of the KKK? I did not know this? If so, then prove it.

What I do know is that we voted NO for the DARTA which was the Detroit Area Regional Transportation Authority.

The agreement which made DARTA possible did not protect over $70 Million per year in state fuel tax money to operate city of Detroit buses which was to be contracted out to other agencies without stated preferences as agreed upon with labor unions and based on a vote of the public first in SMART and DDOT jurisdictions to agree on funding. This was made well known in the news but maybe you live in a cave?

The city of Livonia is against racial discrimination and did not vote out SMART. The fact is we voted out DARTA.

The choice at the voting booth was

YES, we want DARTA and the elimination of all state fuel taxes to operate buses as this was not in writing.

NO, we want Livonia Transit and we want to fight with the blacks of Detroit by going against the illegal DARTA agreement.

The vast majority of Livonia residents are against the transit cuts from Lansing which are indeed discrimination against not just blacks but all races, the handicapped and the low income without acquiring alternative facilities and industry support first as agreed upon by a vote of the majority.

Alternative funds were not acquired first in the case of the Livonia Opt Out, which is legally why your taxes will not be lowered if you vote NO next August 2010 regarding the SMART property tax renewal. It makes no difference how you vote unless this tax is raised and then only the increase can be defeated.

Please learn the facts before you post.

See Trainman’s save… in DETROIT LINKS