Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Ive often thought about doing the same thing but it never came to fruit.

Best way in as far as I know is under the train viaduct, last week I saw an open loading dock door there. Bring at least two flashlights and make your way to the front of the building. Figuring your way around the place is half the fun. Try and make the date on a full moon, take her to the main entrance way, sit down and turn off the lights and enjoy the serenity. The moonlight coming through the huge windows is pretty kickass not to mention romantic.

Just be careful, you should each have a light and one spare.

Ive never met anyone inside there, the homeless have no reason to be in there unless there just sleeping inside the doorway. If the cops are flashing their lights on the building looking for someone, wait them out as I guarantee there not going in there to look for ya and they will eventually leave, although Ive never had that problem there.

As far as I'm concerned the MCS is a natural resource of Detroit that should be explored and enjoyed just like any park. People fall down elevator shafts and they also get eaten by grizzlies in the woods, just be safe and take precautions.

If my date couldn't 'powder her nose' behind a ghetto palm growing up there, she wouldn't be my date.

Did I mention be careful?

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    ... the MCS is a natural resource of Detroit...
    Funny you label it that. Because in a court of law, they would label it "private property".