This is truly a sad day for GM.

This "vehicle" will last about as long as the news cycle promoting it.

I have a better idea, too bad they never asked me. How about a really well styled two seater city car to compete with the SMART car- to be sold mainly in foreign countries? Not perhaps a vehicle for US consumption, but made here for export [[a good stiff tarrif on incoming vehicles from countries where this is to be sold would help as well).

If they can make a cute, retro-styled two seater, run on lithium ion battery technology, or even hydrogen/steam power, where you can go like hell for a week without recharging.

That technology exists, and is being withheld on purpose.

As an aside, my father when in college in 1949, had a neighbor who drove her 40 year old Stanley Steamer every day to work as a librarian at the DPL branch on Kercheval and Eastlawn.

She told him at the time she inherited it from her parents, and it moved at speeds similar to what cars achieve today. The only expenses involved in maintenance for this single woman was a battery powered starter, water, and kerosene to light the boiler. She drove the car in good weather months, and took the streetcar in cold weather months.

Sounds like a prescription for a simpler life to me, it would be nice if we were so practical today.