Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Default New Arrivees. Please Read this regarding your Privacy.

Welcome to the DetroitYES new forum environment. Unlike the old forum, you account inlcudes a 'profile' that allows you to share your picture and details with other forum member only. If you do not wish to share your profile read this important note.

To insure your privacy and understand how much much you want to reveal about yourself, please view the following.

By default your profile details that you enter at registrations [or afterwards] are visible to other registered members but NEVER to the public. [see example below of a registered member who chooses to display his picture and details]
    Name:  displayed.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  42.5 KB

If you wish to hide your profile follow the instructions in the second image.
    Name:  displayedhidden.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  62.7 KB
    UPDATES TO THIS TOPIC:
    4/3/9 > Confusing language on Privacy settings rewritten
    See the thread Profile Privacy - Confusing language Clarified
    4/1/9> "Lobo and Bobo - Hide all and Show all"
    Scroll down to read: Choosing what to hide or reveal about yourself
    describes how this works by examples.
    Last edited by Lowell; April-07-09 at 01:19 PM.

lilpup Guest

doesn't want to work that way, or at least for those fields marked required

lilpup Guest

I think I understand my confusion now. When editing the profile it gives an option to view the "About Me" as others would see it. I was thinking this meant all others, not just those I granted access as Contacts of Friends.

Stosh Guest

I attempted to set the settings to hide the info, looks to me as if I can still view it all even in the "as others see it" mode. Can anyone out there take a look at my info and see if this feature is working?

When I click on your name, Stosh, and then 'View Public Profile' all I see is your posting activity, not your email address or any other personal info.

Stosh Guest

Thanks. I was just connfused by the fact that it shows when you look at it within the User CP.

Actually, it feels good so see DY upgraded-it was looong overdue!

I've created a newer profile-for those who may remember, I used to go by the name "Waxx" for years. So speaking of upgrades, I got tired of that old name and went to the ancient Roman spelling of my surname "Julius". My thanks to Mr. Boileau for upgrading the DY site, allowing me to once again have a share on these forums as well as allowing those with Yahoo! emails register without any complication. I look forward to reading the views of fellow Detroiters as well as sharing mine.

Let's make this city rise again!

I think I have this OK, but can not seem to get email notification to work for thread subscriptions. The only options shown are "No Email Notification" and "Do Not Subscribe". What's the difference
    ?

Bullet Guest

I am having probs posting a new thread on the non-Detroit forum. Whats up with that. I am asked repeatedly to log in, even after I am told 'thanks for logging in Bullet'.

Default Identity Change

Hi!

I'm "kathy2trips" now, though I used to be "eastsidedame". The new forum wouldn't let me use my old name. That's OK, it's still me....just my "downtown" name.

2trips is because when I leave the house, I almost always forget something...sunglasses, cell phone....something....and I have to go back. So, I have to make TWO TRIPS out to the car, and back again.

Nice to be back reading you guys again.