I have to say, spending the past few weekends sampling Detroit's weekend retail and night-life, the Black consumer is well represented. I witnessed clubs/bars with lines wrapped around the corner. I witnessed eateries with a dominate presence of Black African patrons. I witnessed area malls [[specifically Northland, Eastland, and Fairlane), and neighborhood strip stores, with a dominant presence of Black patrons. The point is, Black people continue to support Detroit's customer market, despite our history of economic turmoil in the city. I may not have the exact numbers, however, from a bird's eye view, it would appear that Black Detroit is supporting local businesses.

My question is, [[specifically for weekends and after sun-down) why wouldn't Detroit's leadership or retail development authorities etc., focus on the fact that Black Detroit have historically supported local businesses during non-weekday or non-sporting event times, and ought to be a majority consideration in the re-development of Detroit's downtown area. With what I witnessed in the past few weeks, [[majority Black faces weekend/after sundown in the downtown area etc), it would seem that the strip of Woodward Ave, between I-375 and Jefferson would be loaded with businesses, [[ie; shops, dining, music), catering to Detroit's dominate Black African population. That in itself, would make Detroit the most unique major downtown in amerikkka'.

It's time for Detroit to be what it is, A Black Dominate City, with open arms to all other cultures! If we go that route, Detroit will win in the end!

blksoul_atcha!
The BJL, we a movement by ourselves!