Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
<SNIP>

That seems to be the difference between Bedrock and Olympia and now Ross in some,Bedrock randomly targets singular buildings,mostly because they were acquired cheap.

Olympia targets large blocks in order to change that entire block verses one building on the block.

You guys have to remember,you hired as taxpayers Bedrock to do what they are doing.

Olympia and the others were not specifically hired to do what they are doing. <SNIP>
^ I'm not even sure what this all means??

Let me put this into laymen's terms... both Gilbert and Ilitch get taxpayer money for their development...

Gilbert fixes buildings up and restores them, with new construction as infill.

Ilitch bulldozes, and makes a ton of money for parking lots... and when something is needed they prefer to start anew, since they don't have much expertise at restoration.

Ilitch gets criticized because their 1999, 2015 and 2023 District Detroit plans keep showing up with dazzling ideas for developing the north end of Detroit for public money... with not much to show for it [yet].

Gilbert also gets public money, but follows thru on much [although not all] of his plans.

But I guess they are both in it for the long haul.