Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    I have to agree. I don’t think this is wonderful news by any means for downtown, what’s going to happen to the Marriott Tower Hotel ? It’s going to be this tower hotel with empty towers all around it surrounding it, it will not exactly be an destination/ attraction place for anyone wanting to book there . I hope Marriott stays in there, Detroit keeps crying, They need more hotel rooms and if Marriott were to cancel their contract, that would leave a huge deficit in rooms that are needed. Also, what’s going to happen to restaurants in there like Joe Muers, Andiamo, the top of the Marriott, and all the smaller places will obviously close , and what I’m hearing already is they’re not thrilled at all , they were not even warned about this.. we’re going to have these huge towers sitting vacant on the riverfront for a long period. I hope they at least leave the blue lights on at the top of the towers. Otherwise it’s going to look horrible on the skyline. Not thrilled about this at all.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It's definitely a different but valid perspective that I couldn't think about. Although I believe the Marriott will stay there [[maybe a reno or a rebranding?), those small tenants will get hit hard and suffer... hopefully they have some plans to help them...
    Last edited by RAPLAS; April-15-24 at 05:29 PM.