Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Yes. It was reported to me from a couple of people that birds went silent. Indeed they're tuned into a frequency on such matters.

Last time I used a steel colander to see the little eclipses. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    ...birds quit making noise. We saw dozens of tiny eclipses through the mesh style picnic tables.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-09-24 at 10:12 AM.

I stayed home with the kids, but my wife and my mom went down to Sidney, Ohio and stayed overnight to see it. They wanted to go to the Armstrong space center in Wapakoneta, but at 7AM there was already a line to get in, so they ended up at the lawn of the old courthouse in Sidney.

A total eclipse is pretty weird. It gets *dark*, the street lights came on in Sidney. The shadows and light look strange before and after. The Sidney business association had a tent and was playing music and passing out free glasses.

Anyways, my wife said Sidney is a neat small town. Some nice bars and restaurants, and one of the last bank buildings Louis Sullivan designed.