Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Not for nothing but calling it an unjust war ?

In the preface to “No Guilty Bystander,” Gumbleton urged readers to be publicly engaged by defending democracy,

Was not the U.S. involved in the Vietnam war in order to prevent the spead of communism and the right for those in that country to practice democracy ?

I can see how if one supports communism they would classify it as an unjust war ,seems a bit hypocritical to tell people to become publicly engaged while defending democracy while opposing others for doing the exact same thing,or picking and choosing who is allowed to practice democracy.

Or even dictating to other how they should practice their chosen religion,that would be like me working for Ford and demanding they build Chevrolets.

Outside of the molestation aspect,why would somebody join a religion with the sole intent to try and change their whole belief system from within?

Just start your own.

It’s one thing to oppose the horrors of war but to single out the U.S. as the bad guy even in the South American countries that were under brutal dictatorships that we help remove,what made us the bad guys in their eyes?

The fact that innocent civilians were killed in the process by our actions,or the fact that we removed brutal dictatorships that jailed and murdered 10s of thousands of innocent people?

When you have a country that puts one of Hitlers finial solution architects in charge of your state security that tortured and murdered over 100,000 innocent people and you are going to choose that person over the U.S.

People opposed the Holocaust but yet they turned right around and painted us the bad guy when the same freaks that invented it was putting it into practice once again,or maybe we were the bad guys in their eyes because they supported the mass executions of political opponents that did not bend to the communist ways.

Where was those people’s justice ,who fought for them? We did and no difference then today where you have people in this country yelling Death to America while claiming to support democracy,but in reality supporting everybody that opposes it,while hiding behind it.

I can see where his progressive policies brought him a lot of opposition no different than progressive policies bring lots of opposition today.

I tried to find where in the true religious sense he supported the troops returning from Vietnam but all I could find was where he helped spread the hatred towards them.

I joined the service in 1978 and even at that time there was a lot of places in America where you could not wear your uniform in public without some anti war freak spitting on you or telling you how they felt about it all,that is not during your religion to practice your beliefs,that is using your religion as a platform.

If a religion does not approve of LGBT why are you going to force people in that religion to except something that you yourself does not except,because that is what you are doing,telling others they need to adapt to your views and their views or beliefs have no bearing.
    Last edited by Richard; April-11-24 at 09:40 PM.