Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Mild winter blamed for 150 layoffs at Windsor Salt

It's been a while since I posted anything about Windsor here. Who knew mild weather would mean less demand for salt? Demand for road and safety salt drops | Windsor Star

In Minnesota my brother had a few snow plow trucks as a hobby,in 25 years sometimes he used one and sometimes he had all 5 working to keep up with demand,maybe they can throw $500 billion at the problem and fool Mother Nature into dumping more snow on the state.

To me that sounds like something the post office would do,hire people for the season and then lay them off when it was over.

So were they hired in case it was a heavy winter and the plan was to lay them off in the spring ?

They do not say what their job was in the summer months,or were they hired as salt spreaders then stayed home during the summer with pay?
    Last edited by Richard; April-03-24 at 11:07 AM.