Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default John Sinclair passes

One of Detroit’s most colorful and controversial characters now belongs to the ages.

An outstanding obituary written by former Free Press reporter Bill McGraw does great honor to this amazing person and friend of mine.

https://www.freep.com/story/entertai...2/73179306007/

The rebukes intensified when adults heard the four-syllable MF bomb in the first line of the MC5’s most popular song, “Kick Out the Jams.”
    I still have that album — uncensored.

R.I.P. John

Awe... Sad to hear this.

I met/ live across the street from him when I lived in the Woodbridge area in the early eighties.

Know is former wife, award winning photographer, 2016 Kresge Eminent Artist Leni Sinclair.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-02-24 at 06:24 PM.

R.I.P. John

I watched many of his shows over the years always a great time and a learning experience. Anyone have one of the great burgers named after John at the Butchers Inn @ the eastern market? They were great!!
    Last edited by ddaydetroit; April-02-24 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ddaydetroit View Post
    ...great burgers named after John at the Butchers Inn @ the eastern market?
    I'm saving my appetite for Age of Aquarius Coney Dogs. In the meantime, Gary Busey's Buttered Sausage [singular] found a mogul to take it public:

https://youtu.be/ho1triIgeUg
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; April-03-24 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    But do you still have your hearing?

Attended the John Sinclair Freedom Rally in Crisler Arena on December 10, 1971. Headliners were John and Yoko. Stevie Wonder, Commander Cody and Bob Seger also performed and were great. Listening to Yoko was like hearing fingernails on a chalkboard.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    ...fingerrnails on a chalkboard.
    It's why John turned to heroine.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    The rebukes intensified when adults heard the four-syllable MF bomb in the first line of the MC5’s most popular song, “Kick Out the Jams.”

R.I.P. John
    Heh, I'm starting to doubt it.

Back in the 70s I was told that album had already become a scarce collector's item just because of that MF controversy.

Imagine if that kind of genuine grassroots defiance could be unleashed today how the world would change. Stop coddling the billionaires!

Are you youngsters hearing me out there?

Thanks, John!
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-03-24 at 09:04 AM.

Sorry to hear of his passing. This was in HOUR Detroit not too long ago.

https://www.hourdetroit.com/communit...sm-and-legacy/

The Sinclair House within the ICC North Campus co-op housing was probably named for John Sinclair. It did have the Sinclair gasoline green
    dinosaur logo sign out front though. It's probably been renamed by now.

https://icc.coop/icc-community/icc-roots/

At 17:56 in the initial video is a shot of the front door of Sinclair House circa 1984, logo not included. It was the Reagan era, post Carter era inflation, and there was a general recession in Michigan around that time.
    Last edited by Dumpling; April-03-24 at 11:34 AM.

Pothead Johnny Sinclair, Detroit’s adopted son, what he leaves behind are millions of people with cannabis/marijuana use disorder and a massive increase in CO2 emissions.

“The carbon emissions to grow a pound of marijuana carries a higher carbon footprint than a roundtrip flight from San Francisco to Tokyo in economy class.” [[The Breakthrough Institute).

Thanks alot Johnny.........Name:  pothead.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  143.7 KB

...in the 70s I was told that album had already become a scarce collector's item just because of that MF controversy.
    Inflation. But in another fifty years the album's price should adjust back down to what you initially paid for it.

I own a few head-scratchers myself. Hearing them, future generations will ask "Am I missing something?" -- it's a good cognitive exercise.

"Yeah, you're missing $3.50, plus high-frequency hearing acuity."

P.S. People will scratch their heads over most Detroit poetry, too
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; April-03-24 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    ...what he leaves behind are millions of people with cannabis/marijuana use disorder and a massive increase in CO2 emissions.
    That's pretty mean-spirited. Take a pill...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    One of Detroit’s most colorful and controversial characters now belongs to the ages.
    Did John Sinclair have an opinion as to who assassinated his one-time business partner Henry Normile?

The DPD's smokescreens and the unwillingness of the Wayne County Prosecutor to pursue Henry's case aren't surprising, but what nags at me is the silence of the lambs on the part of Henry's comrades and associates who must have had clues and hunches.

Is John Sinclair the guy on the left in this DetroitYES banner?:

Who's the other guy?

Who's the other guy?
    The guy on the left is John Sinclair. The guy on the right is unknown to me.

Thanks! I smell a story coming on. Maybe? If we're lucky?

Lowell?
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-03-24 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks! I smell a story coming on. Maybe? If we're lucky?

Lowell?
    Hopefully, after 45 short years. Heaven knows, but to paraphrase Scripture [and Joni Mitchell] god's a boogie man and he's not talking.

Joni Mitchell – God Must Be a Boogie Man Lyrics | Genius Lyrics
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; April-04-24 at 09:48 AM.

Talk about "mean-spirited", how about this little euolgy you gave a few months ago........Name:  Screenshot [[531).jpg
Views: 212
Size:  27.0 KB

Talk about "mean-spirited", how about this little euolgy you gave a few months ago........
    Knowing which graves to piss on is the soul of discernment.

...Stop coddling the billionaires!
    https://youtu.be/MUbzxGFZ0wo

emissions

https://youtu.be/7usNmfYt2Zs

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post

The popularity of turning captions "on"
    Whether you have lousy TV speakers, are hard of hearing, are distracted by the kids, or are watching a film with actors who mumble, chances are you are using the captions option while watching TV, even if they're not translating a foreign language. Correspondent David Pogue talks with Oscar-winning sound mixer Tom Fleischman, who explains – despite technological advances in audio – why films may be getting harder to hear. Pogue also sits down with Jeff Tashige, whose closed-caption work for Netflix has gone viral.
    John Gannon would have liked to see this. He used to work in this field.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast