Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    That would be an absolutely awful use of that land.
    You do remember this is the same place that they thought a jail would be the best use of that plot?

All kidding aside, I fully agree that land [[along with the soon to be demolished jail/hall of justice buildings) would be much better suited for high density mixed use or residential.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    You do remember this is the same place that they thought a jail would be the best use of that plot?

All kidding aside, I fully agree that land [[along with the soon to be demolished jail/hall of justice buildings) would be much better suited for high density mixed use or residential.
    Lmao that was before Gilbert got the land. I don't think he would spend all that money building a jail for the county just to turn around and sell that land to the Lions for cheap to build a practice facility. He needs to recoup his investment and there is no way the Lions are gonna spend hundreds of millions on a practice facility.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Lmao that was before Gilbert got the land. I don't think he would spend all that money building a jail for the county just to turn around and sell that land to the Lions for cheap to build a practice facility. He needs to recoup his investment and there is no way the Lions are gonna spend hundreds of millions on a practice facility.
    Let's hope DG has something up his sleeve. Now that a few of his major projects have wrapped or are wrapping up, it would be nice to see the Fail Jail, Brewster, and Monroe Blocks sites start steaming ahead.