Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The biggest dealer I knew in the Detroit area lived on Washington Crescent in Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by crawford View Post
    What about 7 Mile/Hayes?

I think that's the scariest intersection in the city.

It's also in the highest crime police precient in the city.
    7 & Hayes ?

I hang out there all the time, theres a huge new million dollar rec center right there along 7, it even has a skateboard/bike park. That hood is worse than it was just a year ago, but I wouldnt compare it to say.......Yakama and State Fair or Omira and 8 Mile Road.

Or Linwood and Boston.

solution: decriminalize immediately.

period. all else will fail. prohibition is impossible, and will only create black markets.

what you are seeing in the streets of Detroit right now is unregulated Free Market Capitalism.

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    solution: decriminalize immediately.

period. all else will fail. prohibition is impossible, and will only create black markets.

what you are seeing in the streets of Detroit right now is unregulated Free Market Capitalism.
    Bingo. I don't know why people have such a hard time understanding this.

The drug laws themselves do more harm than the actual drugs. A majority of drug users are normal people who mind their own business, work and pay taxes, and go about their day.

The best places for illegal drug buys are virtually anywhere south of 8 Mile and north of the Detroit River. Seriously, there are very few, if any, decent neighborhoods left in the city. And when I say neighborhoods, I mean areas of approximately 1/2 square mile.

Trainman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Bingo. I don't know why people have such a hard time understanding this.

The drug laws themselves do more harm than the actual drugs. A majority of drug users are normal people who mind their own business, work and pay taxes, and go about their day.

Why not tax it to pay for DDOT? Then 113 bus drivers would keep their jobs and thousands would keep their ride to work.

Instead more party stores will be robbed in cities like Livonia because of people who do not have jobs.

Marijuana is basically decriminalized in the city anyway - We just need clinics to serve the crack and heroin addicted to keep them from commiting crimes to feed their habits. Look at the successful programs in Switzerland, The Netherlands, Vancouver.. England now is even trying it with success.

I would love to see a DPD arrest people for smoking weed or posessing a small amount of marijuana, going through all the paperwork, taking them to the station... it is laughable. DPD officers could really care less about a little weed. It is the crack, heroin, and guns they are after.

Decriminalize marijuana and you'll see a lot less suburbanite traffic going to the city to feed their lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Solution: Heavily publicized monetary rewards for people who turn in drug dealers. Drug forfeiture money used for reward payments. Undercover cops posing as drug purchasers. Stronger punishment for dealers.

...and people having some self-respect!
    Haven't we tried this solution over and over for the past 30 years in one way or another? The only thing that came out of it was almost tripling the prison population and made prisons and the storage of humans big business.

Red light district would be my solution. The Europeans have been up on this for a long time now and have had much better results than us. Decrim it, legalize it and tax it, I dont care, but any thing is better than putting ppl in prison for substances ppl want. Supply and demand will not be disrupted, thats been proven.

The Best Places For Illegial Drug Buys?
    Grosse Pointe*

*bulk transactions only

Izzy, that was hilarious.....

What's up with the "just f*ckin shoot em" guy? I bet he'd be singing a different tune if it was his wife or kid that got shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2