Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default DAX Downtown Detroit to DTW - costs less than $10

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-less-than-10/

From article:

On Monday, March 25, the Detroit Air Xpress -- also called DAX -- launched its daily service that will take passengers on a nonstop ride to and from the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport in Romulus. It’s the first public bus service to offer Detroiters a direct shuttle to the airport.

Between 3:30 a.m. and 11 p.m. each day, DAX will make 16 round trips to DTW from downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-less-than-10/

From article:

On Monday, March 25, the Detroit Air Xpress -- also called DAX -- launched its daily service that will take passengers on a nonstop ride to and from the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport in Romulus. It’s the first public bus service to offer Detroiters a direct shuttle to the airport.

Between 3:30 a.m. and 11 p.m. each day, DAX will make 16 round trips to DTW from downtown.
    Let's talk about the elephant in the room, like.. " The Importance of putting Mass Transit A.K.A dedicated light rail along I-94 connecting it to Ford's Michigan Train Depot."
    Last edited by gthomas; March-25-24 at 12:07 PM.

^ Ooo-wee! How many houses and business will have to go for that expansion? Or I guess shift 94 to the left or right per all that wasted greenery existing on either side for the rail. Three year plan? Or five? I grew up near the Jefferies [96] our home the last house by the service drive spared during the expansion.

^ Ooo-wee! How many houses and business will have to go for that expansion? Or I guess shift 94 to the left or right per all that wasted greenery existing on either side for the rail. Three year plan? Or five? I grew up near the Jefferies [96] our home the last house by the service drive spared during the expansion.
    You said it right, remove the grass median or outside/side wasted green space. Either put in middle or along the side of I-94. Continue the road dieting in Detroit, no more dedicated car development.

^ Cool. I'm good. I have enough existing roads to drive as needed, when I want to. Now who pays?

^ Cool. I'm good. I have enough existing roads to drive as needed, when I want to. Now who pays?
    The state and city government and tax payer. We need every Michigander at the table. Let's discuss!

We have a "Transit Center" yet this bus drops people off on the street in front of Book Tower? What kinda sense does that make? Not that in it's current state anyone wants to use the Transit Center since it's just a hangout for bums and vagrants... But certainly there is a better option!

Either Fix up RPTC, or renovate a People Mover stop to also accommodate this bus [[and in so doing drive PM business by travelers staying in a downtown hotel and taking it for the last leg of their trip).

It just doesn't make any sense to have this bus drop off and pick up at a random curbside location...

Would the bus company have to pay a usage fee to pick up and drop off there?

In the old days the airport bus went to the Greyhound station, as well as a hotel or two. I can't say that that was the highest
    amenity situation. I like the idea of a People Mover connection, especially now that the People Mover is free. The RenCen stop might be good--you have the large hotel there, and also the People Mover.

In any case, I'm just glad they have the bus now. Exactly where it goes downtown is less important than that it exists.

After many years of hearing how badly this bus route was needed on this forum the ridership numbers after a year of running will be fascinating to see.

I will take the FAST bus RTE 261 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    We have a "Transit Center" yet this bus drops people off on the street in front of Book Tower? What kinda sense does that make? Not that in it's current state anyone wants to use the Transit Center since it's just a hangout for bums and vagrants... But certainly there is a better option!

Either Fix up RPTC, or renovate a People Mover stop to also accommodate this bus [[and in so doing drive PM business by travelers staying in a downtown hotel and taking it for the last leg of their trip).

It just doesn't make any sense to have this bus drop off and pick up at a random curbside location...
    K-Slice, you answered your own question. You don't want this new service to get a bad rap from tourists because they have to go to the Rosa Parks transit center and have to deal with the bums there. What would have been nice if they had built a shelter, but that might attract bums too. I saw a young lady waiting in the cold for this Dax bus. She seem to be braving the elements well and no one was bothering her. Because this stop is across the street from the Book Cadillac Hotel, I think it will make riders feel safer while waiting. It's busy enough with people who aren't bums, so it should work out fine for now. Just hope the bums don't find out about it.