Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    nothing like yelling - we have to protect democracy in America,while telling people to not vote.

So they hold their vote,Trump wins and then they will spend the next 4 years whining about everything Trump every 5 minutes.

Justifiably so...He has one agenda, his own.

The real Republicans that are left - Haley, Romney, Christie, Cheney, etc. should form a 3rd party or at least run an independent candidate. Who knows they might pull an upset or at least elect Biden and defeat Trump while still standing up for their beliefs and policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Justifiably so...He has one agenda, his own.
    Every party wants to create a country in their own image,but at the end of the day they have to abide by a constitution that was put in place to prevent that from happening.

“Destroying Democracy “ is when 2 parties refuse to meet in the middle and when their followers double down on that,the system was set up not to for everybody to agree on everything all the time but to find common ground.

an example would be with his policy on bringing manufacturing back to this country,because people opposed him so much they did not support that,but yet the current administration has been bringing manufacturing back.

Who did it hurt in the meantime?

You do not have to agree with somebody,you just have to recognize what policies are good for the country,we go through presidents every 4 years ,but we are here for a lifetime.

I do not politically support the current administration,but I also cannot lie to my self and say they have not made policies that are good for the countries future,cutting off our nose to spite does us no good.

The only people we are hurting when we take the stance of I do not support anything you do because I oppose you is ourselves.

Thats the beauty of it all,the system is set up so you do not have to support anything anybody does,you just have to recognize the little policies inbetween the chaos and support the betterment of the policies that make this country a better place for everybody.

The rest is all just window dressing.

A requiem for Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment
    The Supreme Court's Supreme Betrayal - The Atlantic
    By J. Michael Luttig and Laurence H. Tribe

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    The real Republicans that are left - Haley, Romney, Christie, Cheney, etc. should form a 3rd party or at least run an independent candidate. Who knows they might pull an upset or at least elect Biden and defeat Trump while still standing up for their beliefs and policies.
    Those are establishment candidates. My theory is that there is a polarity shift occurring between the two parties. This has happened before. Lincoln was the progressive candidate of his day when Democrats hung onto slavery. By the time of FDR, Democrats represented working class Americans. But the times they are a' changing again. The richest 20 zip codes all vote blue. Democrats now average more years of formal education. Mostly Democratic Silicon Valley billionaires have surpassed traditional Republican manufacturing and retail billionaires. Blacks, Hispanics, Asian Americans, and 'other races voted by a higher percentage for Trump in '20 than for Trump in '16. That was offset by a larger swing of white upper middle class voters from the Republican to the Democratic Party

The sensible middle ground is Tulsi Gabbard. Whichever candidate might make her his moderate VP candidate wins. Tulsi will garner some of the military, independent, and moderate vote and add a needed measure of integrity and youth to either campaign. Tulsi is articulate, served her Country in the middle of the last presidential campaign, promotes peace, does not back down and ate Kamala Harris alive should she have to debate Kamala again.

^ I actually have a lot of respect for her,considering she’s a politician,you can support a politician without actually respecting them.

But her spotlight has been on the international stage I do not think most do not understand her domestic side.

They refer to her as a warmonger but she has always,walked softly but carried a big stick,coming from a position of power verses weakness.

I think when the time comes where we allow a woman president,she would be a good one.

While I’d welcome a female president, I’d prefer to not have an apologist for the war criminal Putin. So that would rule her out.

^ I must be getting soft,I agree with you on the whole Putin part,right up there with TC.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    While I’d welcome a female president, I’d prefer to not have an apologist for the war criminal Putin. So that would rule her out.
    I didn't know what the pro-Putin association Tulsi Gabbard might have so I looked it up. In 2022 there was a spate of claims that Tulsi Gabbard was pro Putin from establishment sources CNN, Hong Kong owned Forbes, Mitt Romney, etc. because she objected to interventionism, opposed provoking a nuclear war, thought we should talk to Putin, and claimed the US had some bio research labs in Ukraine. Earlier, she had suggested that Covid did escape the Wuhan Lab that Obama had helped finance. That was in 2022 before Ukraine started losing its war in large part to inadequate and inconsistent supplies from NATO partners and lack of remaining conscripts.

We do know that Tulsi's enemies in the Democratic Party, Hillary Clinton and Victoria Nuland, were involved in overthrowing the elected ruler of Ukraine which Putin cited as a provocation. That doesn't make Putin right but a miscalculation left us in a dangerous and expensive mess. Putin did attack his neighbors under Bush Jr., Obama and Biden but not under Trump who even walked across a line in Korea to shake Kim's hand. Peace and prosperity without paying gratitude to our elites and acquiescing to their thought control is treason in some circles. Maybe Tulsi is being seen as a threat to the establishment order for refusing to go along with the establishment narrative that has produced one failed intervention after another.

"The difference with Gabbard is her most outspoken positions cross party orthodoxy on foreign policy, particularly on war – she is staunchly anti-intervention, informed by experience seeing a failed occupation in Iraq up close — and are therefore seen as disqualifying."

See that is what this is all about,following the party right or wrong - before Ukraine started losing the war - Ukraine is anything but losing the war if one is actually following it militarily and strategically,but pro Putins will claim to the ends of the earth that they are.

We are who we are today because the French funded our revolution against the British,it’s sad that many have forgotten who we are and what we stand for.

Anti intervention brought the twin towers down,and got us involved in world wars because we had to verses being able to control them before they get out of hand,nobody is going to start slinging nukes and bowing down to them when they threaten is weak.

She is basing it on one experience in Iraq,but she did not storm the beaches when it was time to stop a global war.

it’s all the same when we do not get involved,locally,state wide,federal and globally,it comes at a higher cost in the future.
    Last edited by Richard; March-16-24 at 08:55 PM.

See that is what this is all about, following the party right or wrong - before Ukraine started losing the war - Ukraine is anything but losing the war if one is actually following it militarily and strategically, but pro Putins will claim to the ends of the earth that they are.
    We could provide more rockets and artillery shells but Ukraine is out of draftable males for a few years. Grant succeeded where other union generals failed because he realized he could defeat Lee even if he took heavier losses. Russia has assumed the same strategy. Russia has more out of fire range factories, resources, and manpower. I have been a strong supporter of Ukraine but the best we might accomplish at this point is to divide Ukraine along Russian and Ukrainian language areas.

We are who we are today because the French funded our revolution against the British,it’s sad that many have forgotten who we are and what we stand for.

Anti intervention brought the twin towers down,and got us involved in world wars because we had to verses being able to control them before they get out of hand,nobody is going to start slinging nukes and bowing down to them when they threaten is weak.
    I blame 9/11 on militant Islamic immigrants; as a failure of our immigration policy to keep them out or even remove the two who were illegal aliens. It's a fantasy to believe that we could somehow "control them". Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan failed. 60,000 Americans died in Vietnam and a similar number of Vietnam vets committed suicide. Now we trade with Communist Vietnam but not because we controlled Vietnam. Hillary and Victoria Nuland conspired to help overthrow the elected pro-Russian leader of Ukraine. That scheme backfired.

She is basing it on one experience in Iraq,but she did not storm the beaches when it was time to stop a global war.

it’s all the same when we do not get involved,locally,state wide,federal and globally,it comes at a higher cost in the future.
    Losing to Putin will enhance Putin's reputation, make NATO look like a paper tiger, and encourage third world actors to contribute more to Putin the next time he tries to conquer more of Ukraine or Estonia. That is largely a problem of faulty foreign interventionist policy under Obama, Hillary and Nuland and maybe Putin viewing Biden as an over the hill incompetent fool.

Biden was the young senator that helped pen the deal and promised Ukraine that we would have their backs should Russia become aggressive in exchange for Ukraine giving up the nukes.

He gave his word,our word as a country,he could not do anything as VP but he did now as he should have,if he had not that would have sent the message that our word is meaningless as a country.

I do not agree with everything he does,nobody should ever agree with everything a politician does without question,but that was a presidential decision,Putin and his supporters will have you believe Biden is a bumbling fool but he is not really,he has been in the game along time and has acted for the most part from a position of strength when needed.

We put to much faith in our “leaders” and expect them to fix everything today when by design a president really has limited powers and anything that they break can be fixed.

But nobody is supposed to agree with everything every time ,opposition is there in the system by design to keep things in check.

If a president or mayor accomplishes 40% of their stated goals that make it a better place for everybody and keeps moving us forward they have done their job ,there are wins and losses it’s a part of the game,but you cannot take each individual win or loss and judge the future by that,you have to take the overall picture into context.

On the local level Detroit has been brought forward into a better place by electing a good mayor,not everything he does is perfect but it could be argued that the city is in a better place then when he started,that’s all you can really ask for,for the most part it did not matter who was in the White House.

People say politics of today is hostile or whatever,but it’s always been like that,ask Caesar.

You have to recognize it for what it is and politicians are like auctioneers,bla bla bla bla,something productive,bla bla bla,they are mostly just filling space inbetween words,otherwise they would just get up there and say - this is broke,we are going to fix it,have a nice evening see ya later,they have to put on a show so you think you are getting your moneys worth.

Look at what just happened,a presidential candidate tells the Chinese it will be a bloodbath if they try and dump cheap EVs on the U.S. market because he will levy a 100% import tax against them.

Now all the headlines - he called for a bloodbath like he was advocating for violence,when he was telling the Chinese he was not going to allow them to destroy our auto industry.
    Last edited by Richard; March-17-24 at 03:44 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2