Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDER BALDUCK View Post
    They cannot due to regulations.
    On Bullshit - Wikipedia

Has anyone seen: Ghostbox Cowboy [[2018) - IMDb

It's an updated cross between 'Apocalypse Now' and Melville's 'The Confidence-Man: His Masquerade'.

Where America was heading before it overshot the runway.
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; March-07-24 at 01:10 PM.

^ Hmm, sounds like one of those kinda flicks to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^ Hmm, sounds like one of those kinda flicks to see!
    Most anything associated with the Zellner brothers is worth seeing IMHO.

David Zellner - IMDb

Speaking of EVs... as you all have heard that Mitch McConnell's billionaire sister-in-law drowned in a tragic vehicle accident in water.

But the real tragedy was in the details... the vehicle in question was a Tesla... and the cause of death was not being able to penetrate the very strong glass window to save her life...

US Billionaire Collapses in Tesla As Rescuers Face Challenges With Car’s Reinforced Glass [[msn.com)

Further down in this link is a 12 minute video about all the scenario's that lead to this tragedy, and what she could have done to save herself. So the fact that she drowned in a Tesla is only one of the many possible factors that may have lead to her death.
    Last edited by Gistok; March-16-24 at 07:50 PM.

^ a modern day version of Christine .

I can imagine in the future,Elexa ,get rid of my wife for me …

Once again another example of how regulations concerning EVs are looking the other way in the interest of advancing them.

But most Teslas carry a 5 star crash test rating whereas you figure trucks would be better but they are consistently poor to just good.
    Last edited by Richard; March-16-24 at 09:30 PM.

Why Tire Companies Love EVs
    The tire business can be a brutal one - low growth, low margins and extreme competition. Tire makers are at the mercy of ups and downs of raw material prices. About half of customers are largely indifferent to the brand of tires they buy. Price is the main differentiator. But industry analysts say the rise of EVs provides tire makers with the biggest growth opportunity they have seen in decades. AlixPartners estimates that tires on EVs can cost 20 percent more and require replacement 50 percent more frequently. Watch the video above to learn more.

^ maybe that was the whole objective,get people to think they were saving the planet when the real goal was to increase production over what current vehicles create.

That’s what it is really about,creating new revenue sources to replace those lost by the industrial age,calling it what it is,is one thing but to pull it off by convincing the public that if they do not do it the world is ruined or they are doing it to save the planet.

It goes back to the refrigerant fiasco,If DuPonts sole patent was not set to expire would it ever had been an issue?

It’s easy to say the ozone has holes,it’s not like anybody can actually go up there and verify it,you just got to take their word for it.

I am not a EV or Tesla fan but to me that is indicative more so of the state of the economy over all,everybody is feeling the pain.

Plus it is an election year which creates uncertainty and people are less likely to make big decisions on purchases and investments until they know which way the wind is going to blow.
    Last edited by Richard; April-02-24 at 11:38 AM.

Buttered Sausage
    https://youtu.be/l1cLJgpkgfk

I heard on the news his controversial opinions on political matters may also be hurting his sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I am not a EV or Tesla fan but to me that is indicative more so of the state of the economy over all,everybody is feeling the pain.

Plus it is an election year which creates uncertainty and people are less likely to make big decisions on purchases and investments until they know which way the wind is going to blow.

Name:  JoeMafia.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  4.0 KB

"And don't forget, 10% for the big guy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post

"And don't forget, 10% for the big guy..."
    Republicans Oversell Archer's Testimony About Hunter and Joe Biden - FactCheck.org

Quote Originally Posted by ddaydetroit View Post
    I heard on the news his controversial opinions on political matters may also be hurting his sales.
    he reminds me of the guy that takes power in the Left Behind series.

Not sure why all of these celebrities and big money people think they have to be self appointed representatives of the U.S. when it comes to international affairs,it’s borderline traitorous.

Just as the Big 3 forfeited the small car market, Musk/Tesla might be doing the same with inexpensive EV's.

Tesla scraps its 'half-price' $27,000 EV amid fierce competition from cheap Chinese automakers - and share price crashes

Which politicians are agreeable to letting Chinese autos into the U.S. to finish off the U.S. auto industry? That seems to be an assumption here.

Meanwhile, Toyota has introduced a new [[not EV) pick-up into Thailand where it is sold for $13,000. There are no plans to sell it in the U.S. yet but it should slow Ford Maverick sales. One needs to put a flatbed, box or whatever on the back. It needs to be up to a higher engine performance to be sold in the U.S.. It has a single seat and is a very practical and inexpensive truck.

That sounds like the version of what they call - Cab And Chassises - which is what one of my trucks [[GMC) are vin as,PIA for getting insurance because they are not viewed as a complete vehicle.

I agree though no current or possibly future president has even gone anywhere near the possibility of letting China flood the market.

Thats not to say that it will not happen because of the 25 year rule I am starting to see more and more of those tiny Japanese and Chinese vehicles on the street.

If you are getting 50-70 mpgs why do you need an EV .

A.I. Trump #20 - Melania
    https://youtu.be/XlqmH6t-OsI

For now it looks like we're safe.

As they can't be brought here, and no one here or in Europe wants to buy them, they're sitting unsold en masse in foreign ports and warehouses.

https://jalopnik.com/unsold-chinese-...rts-1851415290

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    For now it looks like we're safe.

As they can't be brought here, and no one here or in Europe wants to buy them, they're sitting unsold en masse in foreign ports and warehouses.

https://jalopnik.com/unsold-chinese-...rts-1851415290

The Chinese EVs being imported into places like Europe have also been hampered by reduction in subsidies for electric car sales. Automotive Newsreports that a cut in EV subsidies in Germany has hit sales, leaving many cars stuck on docks with nobody to buy them.

Same thing that happened with solar and pretty windmills,as soon as countries stop the incentives with belt tightening,the luster is gone.

Joining Kentucky and West Virginia in the legal challenge filed Thursday are Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/half-us-s...160618016.html

nobody wants em

But even more interesting is with Michigan,a state that stands to lose the most,is not interested in joining the fight.
    Last edited by Richard; April-18-24 at 03:54 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4