Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Apparently about 8 EV's exploded PER DAY in China last year. 3,000 last year.

90% of their EV makers have gone bankrupt,

and few if any could pass our safety standards. Most Chinese brands fold up pretty badly in a crash.

EV insurance is also far outpacing ICE car premiums, which are also going up. My wife's ice sedan went up 50% last year. In England, most EV owners are seeing their premiums double or triple. Repair costs and fire risks being a couple of the reasons why.
    I watched a clip from a auto dealer that owns several dealerships in Ireland and the UK.

No trade in value if the EV is close to factory warranty expiring due to battery replacement costs.

Deprecation in a Tesla went from $80k new to $45k in a few years.

Not high insurance because if your factory warranty is getting ready to expire,they will not insure.

In those regions there was little charging infrastructure to support them so most that bought were looking to trade them back in within the first couple of years.

Plus she said the insurance companies would not insure her buildings if the vehicles were parked inside.

Like somebody mentioned the apartment fire,it’s not just the EVs it’s bikes and everything else with the lithium battery’s,like the boat docked in Miami,father and son went for a stroll while the mother napped,she could not get out in time after the electric scooter burst into flames.

My boat that contains highly explosive gasoline and propane has no problems with insurance,but they will drop me if I have lithium batteries on it.

Any other product sold on the market that causes multiple deaths is immediately pulled,but it seems like in the save the planet circles,there is an acceptable amount of deaths.

I guess in the bigger picture,5 - 10 million dying needlessly in sacrifice in order to save the planet for 8 billion,that is probably an acceptable number,as long as it is not you your loved ones that are doing the dying.

If the objective is to destroy the planet in order to save it,they are better off saving billions a lot of pain and just nuke everything and start from scratch.

“You “ is a generalization and not intended to single anybody out,it appears one needs to be very specific when choosing ones words.
    Last edited by Richard; March-04-24 at 12:51 AM.

I cannot say how much outside of Thailand and Laos is going electric but my wife who speaks Thai when we were in 2 different gas powered cabs in Bangkok I had her ask the drivers if they wanted an electric cabs and both said no I only saw one electric cab
    On the 3 wheeled cabs they are hugely popular with tourist and locals I did not see a single electric one that being said they all look like they are all over 20 years old so I see them needing to be replaced in the future we will see what if the electric ones catch on, if you look at the attached picture of the 3 wheeled cab the guy is not wearing a mask because of covid but because of the pollution so we see if that changes attitudes
    And as far as small motorbikes 99.9 percent were gas but in the attached picture is an electric delivery motorbike and the lockers are for swapping batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I have read where Asian countries are sprinting full speed to EV's in light vehicles, motor bikes, three-wheel cab vehicles, and the like. Are you seeing any of that? Allegedly it is noticeably improving the air.

EV's in their current range abilities are ideal for short distance vehicles, like school buses, local delivery, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    According to the Urban Dictionary, "tdlr" stands for Too Damn Lazy to Reply.
    Since the story is old fake news, how about Too Delerious to Research?

How did China come to dominate the world of electric cars? | MIT Technology Review

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post

How did China come to dominate the world of electric cars? | MIT Technology Review
    Wow. Thanks for the link. I can't believe I didn't already have that website bookmarked. It must have gone missing on an old computer.

That's an MIT grad with engulish lick tat?

Busshit

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDER BALDUCK View Post
    That's an MIT grad with engulish lick tat? Busshit
    Is he an MIT grad? His language is Mandarin BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Wow. Thanks for the link...
    Welcome

I also thought it was a fascinating read Henry, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    I also thought it was a fascinating read Henry, thanks for sharing.
    U R welcome

Then there's the other side of China's green economy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2...ev-graveyards/

^ Don't bring that up again. They want to keep this and other green successes on the low-low for certain !
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-05-24 at 06:07 AM.

It shows that it takes the path that solar did,once the government incentives dry up it all crashes.

But it opens up more questions,how much did the Chinese government give Tesla and for what in that special relationship?

It looks like Tesla was playing both governments for a short term gain while pulling the rug out from under themselves long term as they will find it tough to compete against them.

China spent so much money and energy cornering the market with the worlds cobalt supply,then a company comes out with a battery pack that does not use cobalt,it would not be in their best interests to let that go very far.

When you read the MIT article,China used the same playbook that the U.S. did during the space race,which built Silicon Valley,and the same mentality of if you throw enough money at something ,you eventually get the results that you wish to achieve.
    Last edited by Richard; March-05-24 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Then there's the other side of China's green economy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2...ev-graveyards/
    Is there an echo in here? Didn't Zach341's Post #10 contain the same fake news?

IME the parable here is that the PRC has a national industrial policy. Meanwhile, the U.S. is adrift and awash with grifters, con artists, and ghostbox cowboys.

Ghostbox Cowboy [[2018) - IMDb

IME the parable here is that the PRC has a national industrial policy. Meanwhile, the U.S. is adrift and awash with grifters, con artists, and ghostbox cowboys.

Ghostbox Cowboy [[2018) - IMDb
    I guess you are not up on corruption in China,in the last 10 years they purged over 5 million individuals for corruption,thousands of those were high level officials.

The only reason the government cracked down in it is because so many got involved it cut the size of kickbacks down.

It’s no different then here ,if it is a $25m government contract,you Jack the price up to $100m,it does not matter if the 25m gets built or fulfilled,it’s just a tool for generating kickback cash.

Why do you think they have entire cities built and nobody actually lives in them?

Their level of grifters,con artists Etc make us look like amateurs.

When China started cracking down on corruption in 2013 they had 4 trillion in foreign reserves within 2 years that dropped by 1/4 from the elites transferring their money out before they got caught.

Thats how they can afford to buy $3 million dollar homes in California or $30 million dollar homes in London and never ever step one foot in them.

It’s parking money.

China could care less about saving the planet,just like with here it is a tool to generate money,there to generate kickbacks on a scale that broke records.
    Last edited by Richard; March-05-24 at 07:57 PM.

Some children believe that closing their eyes makes them invisible.

Adults do not make that mistake — unwittingly.

External Combustion Vehicle.

Also:

https://www.autosafety.org/police-ca...deadly-record/

The Police Car of Choice has a Deadly Record

In Arizona, where three police officers have burned to death in Crown Vic crashes, law enforcement agencies have outfitted the remaining cars with plastic shields and trunk protectors.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/08/ford...ine-fires.html

Ford tells drivers to park outside, expands recall for possible ... - CNBC

Jul 8, 2022Ford is expanding a recall of SUVs and telling owners to park them outside after a series of engine fires that can happen even when the ignition switches are off.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases...re-risk-recall

Recall: Ford Escape, Maverick and Lincoln for Fire Risk | NHTSA

Jun 6, 2023Ford Motor Company has issued a new recall for 125,322 model year 2020-2023 Ford Escape, 2022-2023 Ford Maverick and 2021-2023 Lincoln Corsair vehicles for a risk of fire due to engine failure. Ford advises customers to safely park and shut off the engine as quickly as possible if they hear unexpected engine noises, lose power, or see or smell smoke.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB830451770503204500

Ford Recalls 8.7 Million Cars To Fix Faulty Ignition Switch

In the largest U.S. safety recall yet by a single auto maker, Ford Motor Co. said it will repair 8.7 million cars and trucks built between 1988 and 1993 to fix an ignition-switch problem that ...

I'll never have a buzzermobile mostly due to cost, but also due to range since I'm fairly deep rural. Then there's the load/cargo issue. I can get a 10' pipe or board fully inside my Taurus Wagon. I've had 4 or 5 80 pound bags of concrete in it as well, along with quite a lot of other things.

I know, right. Not even one EV car is not in use in China......

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Also:

In Arizona, where three police officers have burned to death in Crown Vic crashes, law enforcement agencies have outfitted the remaining cars with plastic shields and trunk protectors.
    etc

A few Crown Vics burst into flames AFTER BEING CREAMED in the rear by a another car traveling at freeway speeds, while the Vic in turn was stationary on the side of the freeway.

Those then get recalled and fixed.

Other models recalled for "Fire risk".

v.s.

3,000 elec cars a year bursting into flames while just sitting there.

And no recall.

You're not able to spot the difference?

3,000 elec cars a year bursting into flames while just sitting there.

And no recall.
    I wouldn't buy an EV until the technology matures but, contrary to your claim, there have been recalls. One easily spotted difference is that a recall may be conducted on an automaker's own initiative, or by order of the NHTSA.

EV Battery Fires: What Consumers Should Know - Forbes Wheels
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; March-06-24 at 09:58 AM.

I wouldn't buy an EV until the technology matures but, contrary to your claim, there have been recalls. One easily spotted difference is that a recall may be conducted on an automaker's own initiative, or by order of the NHTSA.

EV Battery Fires: What Consumers Should Know - Forbes Wheels
    I was referring to Chinese EV's, not the American, German, Japanese and Korean ones that are being sold here.

Of course I for one can't see how they'd ever any of the Chinese EV's to our crash tests.

I was referring to Chinese EV's, not the American, German, Japanese and Korean ones that are being sold here.

Of course I for one can't see how they'd ever any of the Chinese EV's to our crash tests.

They cannot due to regulations.
    Gas tanks falling out
    5MPH bumpers
    CAFE
    Back up cameras?
    Auto brakes on any speck of shit on sensors?
    Auto pilot?
    I can go on and on, so stuff the shit.

S/A Pinto/Crown Vic/Jeeps or anything that gets smashed at 70+ MPH
    What ya want, absolute safety or MPG/Affordable?

Just say no to Tesla and EVs from the PRC.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast