Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Cadillac Place

Hybrid View

The State, by moving into Cadillac Place, saved it from being abandoned. Leaving those crappy buildings in Corktown was a no brainer. However, the State, in my opinion, is not a very good property manager. This can also be seen on Belle Isle. Years after taking the Island over, they still haven't updated the athletic field. The problem, as much as the State says it has money, is that it doesn't. A private developer who is willing to take on Cadillac Place would most definitely do a better job of running the place than the State.
    Last edited by royce; February-12-24 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    The State, by moving into Cadillac Place, saved it from being abandoned. Leaving those crappy buildings in Corktown was a no brainer. However, the State, in my opinion, is not a very good property manager. This can also be seen on Belle Isle. Years after taking the Island over, they still haven't updated the athletic field. The problem, as much as the State says it has money, is that it doesn't. A private developer who is willing to take on Cadillac Place would most definitely do a better job of running the place than the State.
    The State is not in it for profit. Spaces that could be used for retail the State will use it for non profit organizations or just let it sit empty for years. I never understood why the State had vacated it's Sixth Street office building