Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Great news potty-mouths: You can now curse more freely in the city of Utica

Great news potty-mouths: You can now curse more freely in the city of Utica

Cursing is officially legal in the city of Utica.

City council members voted at a meeting Tuesday to repeal a city ordinance that banned the use of obscene language in front of women and children. The vote came after a resident pointed out the possibly-unenforceable ordinance to the council last month.

“Personally I don't do such things,” said council member Brad O’Donnell, who sponsored the amendment to repeal the ordinance. “I don't think anybody should go to jail for it.”...

“I think there are many things that are legal that I don't agree with,” said O’Donnell, who added that he’d make clowns illegal “with a wave of my hand” if he could. “But yeah, I just don't ... I think it's not enforceable, I think it's a bad look to have it in our code of ordinances.”...
    Uh-oh. He had to spill the beans. Now everyone knows that clowns are legal in Utica. This won't end well.

"Oh Fudge!"

The downward spiral continues. Don't work, steal, smoke dope do drugs, dress like a 5 year old and talk like a sailor in public now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Great news potty-mouths: You can now curse more freely in the city of Utica

...clowns are legal in Utica. This won't end well.
    That would explain John James [[Michigan politician) - Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    DetroitYES corrupts URLs containing left parentheses so here's a link repair: http://tinyurl.com/John-James.

The moment I read that Michigan Public article I envisioned a flash mob of clowns inundating poor little Utica shouting "Now we're a protected species!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    The moment I read that Michigan Public article I envisioned a flash mob of clowns inundating poor little Utica shouting "Now we're a protected species!"
    Milky the Clown terrified me as a child and, even today, I wouldn't care to see him.

It's interesting that so many children fear clowns and love puppies. Humans must have evolved an instinct to fear masqueradery and love the unguarded genuine. Probably if dogs didn't have tails they wouldn't be so easily trusted.

Somewhere between childhood and adulthood the caution instinct is lost, especially among Americans, who mature into easy marks for con artists and painted ladies.

There must me an essay on this subject.

https://www.amazon.com/Confidence-Me.../dp/0300037880

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    The downward spiral continues. Don't work, steal, smoke dope do drugs, dress like a 5 year old and talk like a sailor in public now.
    Don't forget to gamble on everything, everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    Don't forget to gamble on everything, everywhere.
    Test your stupidity early and often:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/69/b6...8f178e9e09.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post

I don’t mind the cussing, and swag, the face tattoos all that much. What bothers me is when they whisper the swear words out of spite for the audience. What I want is to be shouted at, like Scarface would. It has to be overblown to be authentic and heartfelt. Don’t forget: no sotto voce, just screams and hollers when you cuss.