This has been a great place to visit over the years. My current profile says Apr 2010, but I was on here while I was still living in the metro Detroit area. [[pre-2007)

I thought I knew my east side history, but there was/is a couple folks that boggled my mind with their knowledge. Educated me a lot more about the Leesville area which my people were around by the 1840's. One kind soul, another name I don't remember even gave me his copy of Wm Sugar's 1953 book about Leesville. At least thru marriage I think I was related to all the big families from that area.

I loved the many threads on Detroit history, and the help I got from some other kind souls, handle names I don't remember now. A former MichCon boy like myself, got me a couple MichCon history books that was printed long ago.

One name I do remember is tponetom. A lovely kind soul, that I miss exchanges with. His missives about him and wife Peggy who were then living in the UP always warmed my heart.
Thanks so much for your dedication to this site Lowell. I don't visit much in recent years, the bickering is distasteful and one poster in particular who is fond of making War and Peace level posts, makes me ill, he is hard to ignore or avoid since he chimes in on almost every thread.