Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default As of August, the Michigan GOP had $35k in the bank...

It was $460k in debt, and Chairwoman Kristina Karamo wants to sell you a building she doesn't own. Maralago Mussolini will certify the property appraisal. Cash only payable to Prince of Darkness.

The Detroit News

What's interesting here is how much is conspicuously not being reported. It's written as if there is nothing surprising going on here. So many obvious questions not only unanswered but not even acknowledged.

That's just creepy.

Effort to remove Michigan GOP chair builds momentum as infighting and debt plague party

It escalated to the point of a physical altercation during an executive committee meeting on July 8. Mark DeYoung, chairman of the Clare County Republican Party, was hospitalized after a party activist who was unhappy that the meeting was closed “kicked him in the crotch,” according to a Clare police report. The activist, James Chapman, was later charged with assault and battery and disturbing the peace.
    Kicked him in the crotch?! Yikes!

The Michigan GOP is an extreme case, but the GOP party structure is collapsing across the country. Unfortunately, this doesn't mean that GOP candidates can't be funded or elected, just that they are untethered from any underlying structure. Which is no doubt one reason the party is pretty ungovernable.

She could buy a small electric car with that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    The Michigan GOP is an extreme case, but the GOP party structure is collapsing across the country. Unfortunately, this doesn't mean that GOP candidates can't be funded or elected, just that they are untethered from any underlying structure. Which is no doubt one reason the party is pretty ungovernable.
    When a couple of GOP politicians came out in favor of reducing pac money McConnell actually stated a couple of days ago that is the only way they got elected. Kudos for saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    She could buy a small electric car with that amount.
    Michigan GOP Now Regrets Appointing an Election-Denying Chairwoman [[yahoo.com)

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    I kinda think it is going the same route of the Democratic Party where it is split between the conservative democrats and the progressives,I kinda view what is happening in the Republican Party is it is also splitting between conservative republicans and the more far right aspect.

As a conservative Republican I do not agree with a lot that is happening,just as conservative democrats do not agree with the progressive lean.

That whole infighting going on in both parties is not good for anybody.

Then there are the independents sitting back and laughing their butts off at the mess.

I care more about what is in my bank account then any political aspect,everything else is just white noise designed to distract the weak minded.
    Last edited by Richard; November-08-23 at 08:57 PM.

It feels shameful what has happened to the Republican Party, once the party of responsible adults. This nation needs a party which advocates for a responsible path, so I hope the party will be properly constituted again, after our current political realignment is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    This nation needs a party which advocates for a responsible path, so I hope the party will be properly constituted again, after our current political realignment is completed.
    Agreed, but one person's responsible is another's irresponsible.

It wouldn't surprise me if the party's aligned along economic philosophies, one party for the middle class and the other for elites; one party for high wages, protectionism, MAGA, Build Back Better, Eat the Rich, Tax the Rich, etc.; other for re-animating the Frankenstein monster of neoliberalism, re-enslaving peons, offshoring jobs, etc.

IMHO those would be natural alignments if each person looked after his own economic interests. But it's hard to predict given the efficacy of Madison Avenue propaganda. On the bright side, people have finally grown wise to the trickle-down scam.