Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Warsaw, so who is now running the old Porter Street Saloon? What is this private club all about? Did Chief Warren Evans sell it or his still the landlord? Who are the members, how can one join, what sort of activities do they promote ... in short, how about sharing some info and not slapping around poor ol DAOD.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Warsaw, so who is now running the old Porter Street Saloon? What is this private club all about? Did Chief Warren Evans sell it or his still the landlord? Who are the members, how can one join, what sort of activities do they promote ... in short, how about sharing some info and not slapping around poor ol DAOD.
    It is used for primarily electronic oriented events. I am not sure who owns the place. But I am a member. For more information on how to be a member..........http://10critics.com/

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    They are not after hour raves, it is a private club called 10 Critics. Get your facts straight guy.
    What does being a heterosexual male have to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by downandouterdrive View Post
    What does being a heterosexual male have to do with this?
    O well excuse me all to hell, "get your facts straight, guy."

Apology accepted.

Since real information is rather scant, thought I'd google up some facts. Found this on a web-forum dedicated to the hipster/rave set:

http://www.detroitluv.com/index.php?topic=56650.15

While somewhat confusing, it seems that the 10critics is trying a new/old idea in the club scene. The guests arrive and pay their membership dues for the evening. The fees are in the $15-20 dollar range. This grants the new member access to the entertainment, as well as an open bar.

Kind of like joining an Elks Lodge, I guess.

Corktown had issues with the previous venue owners of this location. The new owners have come forwards and have said they want to remedy the problems and work with the community.

I'm all for that if they can play nice, keep the music at a normal level and filter the riff-raff from drunkenly parading through the streets of the neighborhood.

I'd like to see them become a stable part of the area and produce some facade/landscaping improvements.

I just put two and two together from this other website that I frequent...here is the history of this boxcar elaborated in a photo:

I drove by on the way to Mudgie's a few weeks ago and the graffiti on the side has gotten very colorful....just like on a real boxcar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2