Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Trump's Tiny White Balls 1 {An AI MAGA-mercial}
    All your favorite AI generated Republicans star in infomercials promoting fun MAGA-only products

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Trump's Tiny White Balls

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I really like Canada. Most of my relatives are in Canada. However, if you want to criticize ant take potshots at Americans and their political tastes, let's catch up on Canadian news.
    I didn't see any wholesale criticism of the United States, nor its polity. He made an observation about 3 political figures in the United States, that's 3 people out of roughly 335 million.

Not the same. In the same vein you have been vastly more plaintive about Canada policies, often in a way that does deride Canada, and Canadians writ-large, and yet you wouldn't wish to be called out for Canada bashing.....because you only critque those to the political left of Attila the Hun.

There is a chance that today is the day that Conservatives will launch a no confidence vote. Conservatives have failed in the past to do so. The basis is Trudeau's proposed 23% increase in the carbon tax that will ripple through the economy [[the debate). Will the Quebec Party side with Conservatives this time around or further drag down the Canadian standard of living with yet more taxes?
    There is zero chance of the Liberals losing a non-confidence vote as long as they remain backed by the NDP. Mathematically, they cannot get there.

I don't see why a thread about Shawn Fain is devolving into your less than informed take on Canadian politics, as that seems wildly off topic to me, unless Shawn Fain hints at running and unveils Canada-specific platform elements.

As an American, I can only hope that Canada will use some its taxation bounty to beef up its dismal share of NATO defense. It gets so weary having to run the U.S. further into debt to cover the rear of deadbeat NATO countries like Trudeau's autocratic version of Canada.
    The U.S. has enough weapons in storage to blow up the entire planet several times over. You don't need to spend anywhere near what you do on defense for our benefit or anyone else's.

Indeed U.S. defense spending so exceeds any other country on earth that you all drive the arms race by yourselves.

As a final note on that subject, the debt isn't necessary if you just raise taxes to pay for what you spend, which is an excellent, fiscally conservative position to hold. Pay your bills, and don't borrow from future generations. Many Canadian politicians by the way suffer from the same disease, why pay a bill today than you can defer by a few years.

The average spending of NATO allies is 2.58% Canada just spends 1.29% of its GNP on defense. Canada ranks 25th of 29 nations in GNP defense spending.
    In any event, the Parliament Budget Office [[independent from the Government) estimates Canada will hit 1.59% in 2026-2027, only 2 years from now, a sizable increase. Canada has already ordered a new fleet for the Navy and new fleet of F-35s for our Air Force, the latter in particular which will spin off lots of U.S. jobs making them.

Trudeau has taken Canada a couple of years ahead of even our Democratic Party in expanding immigration, causing jacked up housing prices, suppression of free speech, and autocratic rule.
    Canada remains a freer country than the U.S. both in speech and economically as rated by Freedom House.

https://freedomhouse.org/countries/f...20and%20Status

Canada ranks as the 5th freest country on earth.

The U.S. ranks...... outside of the top 50.

As with Canuck I disagree with Trudeau's handling of the immigration file, most particularly in respect of foreign students and temporary foreign workers.

Canada's economic-class or points-based immigration system remains pretty good, he bumped that one up too fast as well, and he ought not to have..........but the huge surge in Canadian population with the twin effects of wage suppression and spiraling housing costs are really driven by those first two.

Canada will add more than 2% to its population this year, as it did last year, that growth is simply too much for the country's housing market and infrastructure to handle.

The move was unabashedly foolish. The Liberals are now making tweaks that will drop the growth rate back a little bit, but it is indeed too little and too late.

It will take several years to recover.

Now I'm confused.

Justin Trudeau has Tiny White Balls?

Or Shawn Fain for Prime Minister of Canada?

^ It's past confusing.......

The ignored middle will ultimately decide in their voting.

One factor not stated in much of this is JOE BIDEN.

The very fact that there are those who WILL in November vote for Trump: the very embodiment of all that is evil, corrupt, criminal etc. et al says not 'nothing' about the current admin with Biden as president.

Or that choice says 'something'.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-25-24 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^ It's past confusing.......

The ignored middle will ultimately decide in their voting.

One factor not stated in much of this is JOE BIDEN.

The very fact that there are those who WILL in November vote for Trump: the very embodiment of all that is evil, corrupt, criminal etc. et al says not 'nothing' about the current admin with Biden as president.

Or that choice says 'something'.
    I'm going with Lebowski/Sobchak in 2024.

Lebowski Sobchak 2024 Cotton Tee – The Dude's Threads [[thedudesthreads.com)

Made in Detroit

^ Hah! That shirt may sell out fast if this madness at our borders continues, etc.

^ Hah! That shirt may sell out fast if this madness at our borders continues, etc.
    https://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/95/86...-soldier23.jpg

^ As it's standing with this economy of pricing only getting higher for goods, services and foods etc. [despite what the podium-standers say] who can afford to retire at 65!?
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-27-24 at 09:42 AM.

I have a friend that out of high school got a job on the assembly line in Chicago,spent 20 years standing in one spot putting seats in vans,retired at 40 with a $3800 a month income for the rest of his life and healthcare.

I think he would be Blackrocks target,outside of that it’s really not that hard to obtain a few skills that provide enough income to retire before 65 without a formal education.

The problems of today are no different than they were 100-500-1000 years ago when people cannot decide between wants and needs and actually people today have way more opportunities than they did in the past.

Most that I see that complain about money are driving new cars,wearing designer clothing and living for today and act like nobody ever had to struggle in the past.

The struggles of today are nothing compared to the past where people lived through world wars under occupation,picked crops in the fields,lived during the depression,the dust bowl and other circumstances that were out of their control,now people have more control over their futures then ever.

The most comicial part now is with interest rates - I cannot buy a house because the interest rates are so high.

I bought a new house in 1992 interest rates were 17% ,people were still buying houses.

Or blame it on the boomers like they were handed new cars and houses and a high paying jobs out of high school,the younger generation wants to skip the paying the dues part and jump right into the life of Riley because it is owed to them.

Those with agendas like to capitalize on that so they can live the life of Riley off of their backs.

But I was the same way when I was young always looking to make that million fast and today,until I learned that the first step is to be able to put your hand in your pocket and pay your way then the rest will follow over time.
    Last edited by Richard; March-27-24 at 11:41 AM.

The average 30 year fixed rate home mortgage was actually 8.39% in 1992.

If you go by the first stream link

• 1992 > Avg. 30-year fixed mortgage rate: 8.39% > Avg. inflation-adjusted monthly mortgage payment: $1,805 > Avg. inflation-adjusted home sale price: $291,400 > Homeownership rate: 64.15% [in-text-ad]

My rate was 17% on a brand new $65,000 house with 50% down and a payment of $300 per month 1200 sqft

A $291,000 house in 1992 would have been a mansion and not very average.

In the 1990s, inflation started to calm down a bit. The average mortgage rate in 1990 was 10.13%, but it slowly fell, finally dipping to 6.49% in 1998.

https://www.rocketmortgage.com/learn...-30-year-fixed

I bought a 5000 sqft house in the 80s when the interest rates were 18% and nobody was buying because of the interest rates ,so people were owner financing no money down,desperate to sell,I rode it out until the interest rates dropped,sold that house for a profit and used that profit as the down payment on the new house to have a small mortgage.

The interest rates were irrelevant,still needed a place to live.

What percentage of the home buying population fall under the adverage category?

It’s like the auto dealers offering no money down 1% interest to qualifying buyers IE:850 credit score.

The point was the interest rate did not matter,long term the house provided a roof and has been paid for over 15 years now providing $3000 a month rental income.

It was no different back then,making sacrifices while raising a family in order to set up for a non dependent on others future.

No different then the next house I have now,bought 2 crappy houses for $6000 during the last crash in neighborhoods that nobody wanted to live in ,at the time people were still claiming they could not afford to buy a house even in a rock bottom crash.

Now in theory I can live on my boat and collect $9k a month in rental income on properties that I purchased at time when people said they could not afford to buy.

You do not need a lot of money to build wealth,you just need time,I know waitresses that now live in $500k houses that they bought way back then and struggled to pay the mortgage.

You do not set yourself up for retirement by paying somebody else rent for life.

But it is not how much you make it how it’s you spend it and to what lengths are you willing to go to in order to achieve your goals.

Thats what makes this country so great,you have that opportunity,in a lot of countries you do not.

I could not buy those houses for $6k in Orlando at that time of the crash,so I moved to Tampa where I could,no different then if I was sitting here saying I am priced out of the Florida market with a family and not a lot of money or young with no family.

I would be loading up the Uhaul and moving to Detroit where I could buy something if that’s what my goals truly were.

That’s the problem though,people fall into that trap of the more debt you have the more value you have when the goal is when it comes to retirement is to have no debt.

For somebody young and looking to build wealth in real estate so they can retire early,right now Detroit is a gold mine that offers opportunities that very few other cities have,people are too obsessed with trying to have that perfect little world right now and worry about the future later.

When you are young it seems like time is forever but as you get older it starts to speed up really quick and people get caught up in that part that says - to late now .
    Last edited by Richard; March-27-24 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If you go by the first stream link

• 1992 > Avg. 30-year fixed mortgage rate: 8.39% > Avg. inflation-adjusted monthly mortgage payment: $1,805 > Avg. inflation-adjusted home sale price: $291,400 > Homeownership rate: 64.15% [in-text-ad]

My rate was 17% on a brand new $65,000 house with 50% down and a payment of $300 per month 1200 sqft

A $291,000 house in 1992 would have been a mansion and not very average.

In the 1990s, inflation started to calm down a bit. The average mortgage rate in 1990 was 10.13%, but it slowly fell, finally dipping to 6.49% in 1998.

https://www.rocketmortgage.com/learn...-30-year-fixed

I bought a 5000 sqft house in the 80s when the interest rates were 18% and nobody was buying because of the interest rates ,so people were owner financing no money down,desperate to sell,I rode it out until the interest rates dropped,sold that house for a profit and used that profit as the down payment on the new house to have a small mortgage.

The interest rates were irrelevant,still needed a place to live.

What percentage of the home buying population fall under the adverage category?

It’s like the auto dealers offering no money down 1% interest to qualifying buyers IE:850 credit score.

The point was the interest rate did not matter,long term the house provided a roof and has been paid for over 15 years now providing $3000 a month rental income.

It was no different back then,making sacrifices while raising a family in order to set up for a non dependent on others future.

No different then the next house I have now,bought 2 crappy houses for $6000 during the last crash in neighborhoods that nobody wanted to live in ,at the time people were still claiming they could not afford to buy a house even in a rock bottom crash.

Now in theory I can live on my boat and collect $9k a month in rental income on properties that I purchased at time when people said they could not afford to buy.

You do not need a lot of money to build wealth,you just need time,I know waitresses that now live in $500k houses that they bought way back then and struggled to pay the mortgage.

You do not set yourself up for retirement by paying somebody else rent for life.

But it is not how much you make it how it’s you spend it and to what lengths are you willing to go to in order to achieve your goals.

Thats what makes this country so great,you have that opportunity,in a lot of countries you do not.

I could not buy those houses for $6k in Orlando at that time of the crash,so I moved to Tampa where I could,no different then if I was sitting here saying I am priced out of the Florida market with a family and not a lot of money or young with no family.

I would be loading up the Uhaul and moving to Detroit where I could buy something if that’s what my goals truly were.

That’s the problem though,people fall into that trap of the more debt you have the more value you have when the goal is when it comes to retirement is to have no debt.

For somebody young and looking to build wealth in real estate so they can retire early,right now Detroit is a gold mine that offers opportunities that very few other cities have,people are too obsessed with trying to have that perfect little world right now and worry about the future later.

When you are young it seems like time is forever but as you get older it starts to speed up really quick and people get caught up in that part that says - to late now .
    Godamn! You posted a fucking chapter in response to my ONE SENTANCE post on what are factual numbers for mortgage rates when you claim to have paid double the average rate in 1992. You are a fucking idiot. Go back to Sun City and get off this page.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    ...a fucking idiot.
    So stupid he paid 17% when the going rate was only 8.39%. He must have put the mortgage on a credit card!
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; March-27-24 at 07:19 PM.

Godamn! You posted a fucking chapter in response to my ONE SENTANCE post on what are factual numbers for mortgage rates when you claim to have paid double the average rate in 1992. You are a fucking idiot. Go back to Sun City and get off this page.
    What a little sissy,you got triggered by a post on the internet,you and the other one should just stick to fluffing Fain,it appears as that is all you both are good at.

My guess both of you are living in your mothers basement while complaining about everybody else.

Internet balls are the ones some only have.
    Last edited by Richard; March-28-24 at 12:40 AM.

Godamn! You are a fucking idiot.
    Nevertheless, Dick's a very stable genius whose "UK friends...were top in their cancer research in the world... paid $250k a year to stay home and the world lost 4 of the most brilliant minds in cancer research for over 3 years."

You can't make this stuff up on small doses of methamphetamine.

Not to mention that the Purple Gang used ironing-board operators for muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Not to mention that the Purple Gang used ironing-board operators for muscle.
    The fateful day at Boesky's when Purple Gangster Harry Millman crossed the wrong Detroit ironing-board operator:

https://digitalcollections.library.g.../0/default.jpg

Restaurants: Boesky: Twelfth and Hazelwood Where Harry Millman was shot - Virtual Motor City - Wayne State University Library System Digital Collections [[oclc.org)
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; March-28-24 at 05:37 AM.

The average 30 year fixed rate home mortgage was actually 8.39% in 1992.
    At first the lender offered him 8.39% but he shrewdly negotiated the rate to 17%.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LhXizOSz-mQ/maxresdefault.jpg

What a little sissy,you got triggered by a post on the internet,you and the other one should just stick to fluffing Fain,it appears as that is all you both are good at.

My guess both of you are living in your mothers basement while complaining about everybody else.

Internet balls are the ones some only have.
    I'm hurt now cuz you called me a "sissy" Apparently you can't read for comprehension as my post was about the actual avg. mortgage interest rate in 1992 when you claim to have paid DOUBLE that. I did not post about your man crush on Fain as thats who's internet balls are in your mouth. Now get to writing Dickie as you'll post another whole chapter response for our entertainment.

Lol,you are the one obsessed and cannot see the forest through the trees,I was there I signed the papers,you pull up a link that said average rates,100% of home buyers are not buying at average rates but if you ever had a mortgage you would know that .

The point was the interest rate did not matter,it was cheaper then renting and the $65k house is now worth $350k but I am the stupid one for paying an interest rate based on what others thought,why do you think that what you actually think matters,all you and the other one has really done is show what little clue you have about it all anyways.

My posts are not for you to decide or dictate, if they do not apply to you why worry about it?

Suck it up Nancy,if they bother you that much,just skip them,apparently it takes a rocket scientist to figure that part out.

Both of you seem to be obsessed with man parts and always referring to them combined with the lack of how it works in the real world you come across as a teenager that does not have the experience or maturity of adulthood yet,maybe gain a little bit of maturity before interjecting in adult discussions?
    Last edited by Richard; March-28-24 at 02:09 PM.

Lol,you are the one obsessed and cannot see the forest through the trees,I was there I signed the papers,you pull up a link that said average rates,100% of home buyers are not buying at average rates but if you ever had a mortgage you would know that .

The point was the interest rate did not matter,it was cheaper then renting and the $65k house is now worth $350k but I am the stupid one for paying an interest rate based on what others thought,why do you think that what you actually think matters,all you and the other one has really done is show what little clue you have about it all anyways.

My posts are not for you to decide or dictate, if they do not apply to you why worry about it?

Suck it up Nancy,if they bother you that much,just skip them,apparently it takes a rocket scientist to figure that part out.

Both of you seem to be obsessed with man parts and always referring to them combined with the lack of how it works in the real world you come across as a teenager that does not have the experience or maturity of adulthood yet,maybe gain a little bit of maturity before interjecting in adult discussions?
    Pathetic waste of a life.

^ As it's standing with this economy of pricing only getting higher for goods, services and foods etc. [despite what the podium-standers say] who can afford to retire at 65!?
    Ain't that the truth. They want you to work until you drop dead. Some of these politicians are really trying to push the retirement age to 70. Thing is, you probably need to work until then anyway with this economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Trump Spunk now at remainder pricing!
    https://youtu.be/POpQ8a3qhvs
    Maggots lining up for orange spunk
    In 1933, union busting FDR signed Executive Order 6416A —Code of Fair Competition for the Cleaning and Dyeing Trade.

Now Orange Julius sells sticky bibles and jars of spunk from his 2 Corinthians tiny gonads. See the difference?

Executive Order 6416-A—Code of Fair Competition for the Cleaning and Dyeing Trade | The American Presidency Project [[ucsb.edu)

P.S. Contrary to Dick's meth-fueled hallucinations, the International Association of Cleaning and Dye House Workers was chartered in 1937 -- a decade after the war of the Cleaners and Dyers Cartel:

International Association of Cleaning and Dye House Workers - Wikipedia

BREAKING: Trump holds Biblically Accurate Press Conference

https://youtu.be/ZSnBnW-18wY?t=45
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; March-30-24 at 06:49 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5