Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Move back to Detroit please, WTVS. That is why you are called " Detroit Public Television."

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Move back to Detroit please, WTVS. That is why you are called " Detroit Public Television."
    Move into the former school center building on Woodward near Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Had it not moved from Second Avenue, the station would be in possession of some sweet real estate.

P.S. I'm just glad the DIA didn't relocate to Wixom. Its managers ruined Kresge Court, bought that hideous black tunnel, but stayed put on Woodward Avenue. Thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    P.S. I'm just glad the DIA didn't relocate to Wixom. Its managers ruined Kresge Court, bought that hideous black tunnel, but stayed put on Woodward Avenue. Thank God.
    I didn't know about any of this. Why were they considering moving, how did they ruin Kresge Court and what black tunnel is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Had it not moved from Second Avenue, the station would be in possession of some sweet real estate.

You have got to be joking about that short arched hallway with the black walls and rainbow cove lighting, between the old parts of the basement and the newer parts? THAT bothers you?

Maybe you should look at the bigger picture... they removed those awkward and jarring looking dark gray north and south wing outer skins, and replaced it with a new stone facing that complements the old wing much better [as well as expanded them].