Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Detroit Isaac Agree Synagogue president Samantha Woll found dead outside her home

Hmmmm... so it happened at home! I have a feeling that the perpetrator will end up being someone she knew and trusted... rather than a random crime. Not that it matters to this dedicated lady... RIP.

I was kind of curious if she's married or partnered or something. In any case, this is a huge blow for Detroit and the community. She did a lot of good work over her short life tying together communities it sounds like.

An awful loss. Terrible beyond words…
    Condolences to her many friends and family.

A very tragic loss of a person doing important and positive things for Detroit. I’m reading where she had significant political roles as well as her role in restoring the Downtown Synagogue.

“She recently served as the political director for Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel's re-election campaign”…and…”Woll also worked as a deputy district director for U.S. Rep. Elissa Slotkin, D-Mich.”

I wouldn't be surprised if the perpetrator or traiters used the timing of the situation that is going on in the middle east to kill her. While we looking in one direction the perpetrator really came from another direction

I saw this horrible news on the Downtown Synagogue’s Facebook page yesterday. I started following them because I was interested in the renovation of their interesting building. In addition to that, it’s nice to see a thriving Jewish congregation in the city, so many years after the community left for the northwest suburbs.

I hope this crime gets solved quickly.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; October-22-23 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the perpetrator or traiters used the timing of the situation that is going on in the middle east to kill her. While we looking in one direction the perpetrator really came from another direction
    I also agree that the tensions in the Middle East had nothing to do with this. I think she knew her attacker.

And the attacker sought is the crime of beef opportunity.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/08/us/samantha-woll-killing-suspect-arrested/index.html

A suspect has been taken into custody in last month’s killing of Detroit synagogue president Samantha Woll, Detroit Police said Wednesday.
    In a statement on X, Detroit Police Chief James E. White said details of the investigation will remain confidential at this time.
    “While this is an encouraging development in our desire to bring closure for Ms. Woll’s family, it does not represent the conclusion of our work in this case…” the statement reads. “The details of the investigation will remain confidential at this time to ensure the integrity of the important steps that remain … Investigators will be continuing their work with the Wayne County Prosecutors Office until the conclusion of this investigation.”

White previously said no evidence has surfaced suggesting the killing was motivated by antisemitism.
    Police did not identify the suspect in Woll’s killing. It’s unclear what charges the suspect may be facing.
    Over two weeks ago during a news conference, White said police had “a number of people that give us interest” but were “just short of calling one of the people a suspect.”
    This is a developing story and will be updated.

^ that’s kinda strange,taken in custody means arrested,arrest records are public,would not the reporter be able to check the arrest records and see who it is without LEOs saying anything ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Hmmmm... so it happened at home! I have a feeling that the perpetrator will end up being someone she knew and trusted... rather than a random crime. Not that it matters to this dedicated lady... RIP.
    This article is saying that it is leaning towards the domestic aspect.

Investigators are treating her death as arising from a domestic dispute and not extremism, according to a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspect-a...212118486.html

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ that’s kinda strange,taken in custody means arrested,arrest records are public,would not the reporter be able to check the arrest records and see who it is without LEOs saying anything ?
    Unlike Florida, Michigan doesn't only suffer from a dearth of sunshine in the Winter, we also lack real "Sunshine law". Our elected officials love to make information difficult to access, especially when it doesn't align with their political narrative.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; November-09-23 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    According to the Free Press the suspect has been arrested but not charged. So I’m not sure how a reporter would figure out who they have arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    According to the Free Press the suspect has been arrested but not charged. So I’m not sure how a reporter would figure out who they have arrested.
    Up to 72 hours max without charging,so either they have been released now or charged.

Booking photos are public record just as they are in California

https://california.arrests.org/

https://recentlybooked.com/MI

Difference between a reporter and an investigative reporter.

But even the CNN article is conflicting,it reads “arrested” in the headline but DPD says “ taken into custody “ which the CNN article repeats but it is 2 different things.
    Last edited by Richard; November-09-23 at 09:01 PM.

Update: Suspect in Fatal Stabbing of Samantha Woll Knew Her Well and Attended Same Synagogue

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/31499/updated_suspect_in_fatal_stabbing_of_samantha_woll _knew_her_well_and_attended_same_synagogue

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMe View Post
    That's not enough to say that the person obtained is the perpetrator bit just a person of interest. Why haven't the person be caught yet after one month of the crime if it was a possible domestic dispute? Did anyone hear any commotion coming from Woll's home the night before she was discovered? I just hope that the police get the right person instead of someone they could just pin the murder on.

Quote Originally Posted by Colombian Dan View Post
    And that's why they didn't release is name.

Authorities never said if her residence was ransacked or if anything was stolen. They mentioned that her Star of David flag was not touched, but what does that mean? It had to be somebody she knew and maybe she knew really well.

A suspect has been charged. The police are saying it was random, and happened when the suspect was engaged in a home invasion or robbery.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...l/71910999007/

This was a crime of opportunity by some thug from the hood. Police say. Please do not show that mug shot of that thug. It could trigger some racial problems.

Detroit has had enough with racial rants for one day.

May she rest in peace. How did the police figured out it was him? Hopefully they arrested the right suspect

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    This was a crime of opportunity by some thug from the hood. Police say. Please do not show that mug shot of that thug. It could trigger some racial problems.

Detroit has had enough with racial rants for one day.
    Oh, you mean hide the truth? No thanks.

Why don't we just accept that 60-70% of the crimes are committed by one demographic and honestly start asking why and being courageous enough to accept the truth?

This is not only for the benefit of society as a whole, but for the benefit of that demographic, that has been abused and used by one party [[the Democrats) since almost before we were a nation.

Just sayin that this may be useful if we want to solve the problem. I suspect, however, that the problems would have been solved long ago if the powers-that-be wanted them to be solved.

Never forget FDR's famous "Things are the way they are because someone wants them to be that way...."

Did the police reported that any items were stolen from her place being that it was reported being a home invasion
    Last edited by stasu1213; December-14-23 at 07:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast