Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Hmmm, maybe they'll forget to upgrade my favorite paper box downtown... or else they'll just do away with paper boxes entirely, I know they are trying to steer away from them, which seems strange to me, because the couple that I frequent downtown, even by 11am, are almost empty often. I mean, I know they don't get filled the way they used to, often they are only stocked with 10-15 copies, but those go rather fast. I just pulled the second to last Detroit News out of the box on the corner of Cass and Fort yesterday.

Strange thing, at least two pairs of new paperboxes [[both Detroit News and Free Press) showed up along Cass at the Rosa Parks Transit Center when it opened. About two weeks ago, one of the pairs disappeared. How strange.... those always were empty by afternoon, and they were new and shiny....and, perhaps most importantly, they were stocked on Saturday, whereas most downtown paper boxes only have papers Mon-Fri.

Maybe no one will patronize paper boxes if the price goes up to a dollar. I think I will, though I already have enough fun hunting around for nickels dimes and quarters. I'm youngish [[mid 20s) and try to read the paper every day, though it doesn't always work out.

Are they going to increase the content?
    I don't mind paying extra for a NY Times because there is a lot of news in it. They have some meat in that paper.
    The News and Free Press seem to be smaller and smaller except when they have extra ads inserted. Unless they improve and expand the content, this is the beginning of the end of these papers. Not enough people will fork over a buck for those thin rags.