Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default MDOT launches study of 8 Mile/I-75 Interchange

MDOT has launched a study of the 8 Mile/I-75 Interchange on the Detroit/Hazel Park border. If I were a betting man, I have a feeling MDOT will tear down the current 8 Mile bridge over I-75 and rebuild it as a traditional interchange.

MDOT is undertaking a feasibility study, also known as an early preliminary engineering [[EPE) study, for the I-75/M-102 [[8 Mile Road) interchange in the cities of Detroit and Hazel Park. The existing interchange contains aging infrastructure built in 1969. Since it was originally built, traffic patterns and land uses have changed. MDOT is evaluating the interchange to improve the transportation system, connectivity, and aesthetics; reduce long-term maintenance costs; and complement the I-75 modernization project north of 8 Mile Road.

The outcome of this study will enable MDOT, in partnership with the local communities, to enhance safety, improve design and mobility, and plan for future transportation needs and changing travel behaviors through this unique area.
    https://www.michigan.gov/mdot/projec...75-m-102-study

I would love for I-75 to not lose/gain the fourth lane there, keep it four lanes under 8 Mile.

I wonder if a DDI would work there. It would be a little different because of the service drive.

But I'm so scared of having another long-term project closing lanes on I-75. We just got through a REALLY LONG construction project north of there.

I spoke with a representative for the Modernize 75 project today. I was complaining about the current northbound 75 left lane closure/right lane opening at 12 mile [[as opposed to doing a traffic shift).

We spoke about the 8 mile interchange and it was his speculation that M-DOT would be looking to widen I-75 to four lanes under 8 mile road. It was also his speculation that this project is many years off.

If you want more information or to be involved, sign up for project updates here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/Respo...NRMSQlQCNjPTEu

There is also an interactive tool you can use to give feedback and ask questions: https://mksk.mysocialpinpoint.com/i-...ge-study-map#/