Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Lions' turnaround suggests Tigers should have new owner, manager, coaches...

And players.

The Tigers had a great coach from 2006 to 2012. Coach Leland. He had taken the to two World Series in 6 years. The Tigers mistakes in 2006 caused them that one. The Tigers shutting down defensively caused them the title in 2012 even with Verlander, Fister, and Schwartzer, three of the best pitchers in the league. In Detroit sometimes it's the owners fault, the managers, or the players who just shut down while playing

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    And players.
    Tigers have a GREAT core building!

The Tigers are a mid-market size team, and have the economics of a mid-market team. When Mike Ilitch was there [[and willing to spend money, which he wasn't always) the Tigers tended to be good. Now his children are less willing to spend money, and they are less good.

It's probably true that a decent GM could have done better than Avila given the resources available, but the Tigers now have Scott Harris. He screwed up the Eduardo Rodriguez trade, but you need some amount of time before you can judge a GM, so we'll have to see how things develop over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    The Tigers had a great coach from 2006 to 2012. Coach Leland. He had taken the to two World Series in 6 years. The Tigers mistakes in 2006 caused them that one. The Tigers shutting down defensively caused them the title in 2012 even with Verlander, Fister, and Schwartzer, three of the best pitchers in the league. In Detroit sometimes it's the owners fault, the managers, or the players who just shut down while playing
    How to take a post seriously with Schwartzer in it.

Alas, my adopted home of Las Vegas has no MLB team here. Yet. But then, the NHL champs happen to be the Vegas Golden Knights [[in case you haven't noticed), and the NFL Las Vegas team [[what was their name again?) seems to be pretty good.

All that hoop-la aside, I wouldn't swap LV weather for Detroit weather for anything. Sonny Eliot would have loved broadcasting from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Alas, my adopted home of Las Vegas has no MLB team here. Yet. But then, the NHL champs happen to be the Vegas Golden Knights [[in case you haven't noticed), and the NFL Las Vegas team [[what was their name again?) seems to be pretty good.

All that hoop-la aside, I wouldn't swap LV weather for Detroit weather for anything. Sonny Eliot would have loved broadcasting from here.
    Last several months, Michigan has had some of the best weather in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Last several months, Michigan has had some of the best weather in the country.
    Yes. In any case Las Vegas is already way too hot for me, and getting hotter. But Ray likes it, so that's great for him. It's a big country; people have lots of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Sonny Eliot would have loved broadcasting from here.
    Yeah, who didn't love Sonny Eliot? My grandpa called him Sonny Idiot, but in an affectionate way

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    How to take a post seriously with Schwartzer in it.
    No doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Yeah, who didn't love Sonny Eliot? My grandpa called him Sonny Idiot, but in an affectionate way
    Being able to call someone an “idiot” affectionately is quite an accomplishment.

Pity he didn’t pass the “gene” to you.