Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Duchess Lounge?

Default Duchess Lounge?

I have driven past the abandoned Duchess Lounge topless bar on Van Dyke near 7 Mile, and was wondering when they closed. You can still see the ghost sign on the side of the building.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dcxdan View Post
    I have driven past the abandoned Duchess Lounge topless bar on Van Dyke near 7 Mile, and was wondering when they closed. You can still see the ghost sign on the side of the building.
    Thanks!
    It’s been quite a while. I don’t think it’s been 20 years, I would say 12 to 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    It’s been quite a while. I don’t think it’s been 20 years, I would say 12 to 15 years ago.
    My guess is that it's now a church. The old neighborhood certainly went to the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    My guess is that it's now a church. The old neighborhood certainly went to the dogs.
    Looks like the roof is caved in. The Duchess

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Looks like the roof is caved in. The Duchess

That may double as a fire exit. I didn’t see more than one door to the place.

It has a certain "je ne sais quoi" as we say in my neck of the woods…

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    That may double as a fire exit. I didn’t see more than one door to the place.

It has a certain "je ne sais quoi" as we say in my neck of the woods…
    Yeah, there was a fire exit in case a dancer or patron went into spontaneous combustion. For an extra five bucks the dancers turned tricks with no je ne sais quoi

@Henry Whalley/

Maybe turn it into a church of Ladder-Day-Stains, in honor of the brave firefighters that gave.

Thanks - Went back there again last week to try and snap some photos of the very faint Dutchess ghost sign on the side of the building, but the whole building has been painted over with black paint - Ugh

No church now! Wanted to snap some photos of the very faint Dutchess ghost sign on the side of the building, but the whole building has been painted over with black paint.