Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Right now there is NO Detroit Pistons. Only Cade Cunningham Show!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Right now there is NO Detroit Pistons. Only Cade Cunningham Show!
    Cunningham has been as much of the problem as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Cunningham has been as much of the problem as anyone.
    Especially with his careless turnovers.

NBA Record Setting Pistons?

Following Saturday's drubbing in Milwaukee, where they gave up 146 points and set a team record for consecutive losses, our Pistons are now three losses away from the NBA ignominy of most consecutive losses ever. Sad to say but this team looks beaten and helpless and may need a miracle to avoid that mark.

Anyone in the Pistons organization who was at all complicit in putting together this roster of losers should be tossed out. It beyond belief how bad this team is - there is no light at the end of the tunnel, there is no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Anyone in the Pistons organization who was at all complicit in putting together this roster of losers should be tossed out. It beyond belief how bad this team is - there is no light at the end of the tunnel, there is no hope.
    Just checked the thread - It was exactly one month ago I suggested Weaver needs to go and Cincy Kid said they wouldn't do it this early. How about now? I mean it's not like anyone would accuse Gore of panicking. We're way past panicking time. It's going to be long and ugly again however they do it but they need to find a new GM before the deadline who can decide which one or two players he wants to build around and then move the others for picks. Some of these young kids have value to other rosters because of their athleticism but their lack of shooting, turnovers, etc. that they all seem to posses mean they can't play together.
    Last edited by 401don; December-22-23 at 07:11 PM.

Just checked the thread - It was exactly one month ago I suggested Weaver needs to go and Cincy Kid said they wouldn't do it this early. How about now? I mean it's not like anyone would accuse Gore of panicking. We're way past panicking time. It's going to be long and ugly again however they do it but they need to find a new GM before the deadline who can decide which one or two players he wants to build around and then move the others for picks. Some of these young kids have value to other rosters because of their athleticism but their lack of shooting, turnovers, etc. that they all seem to posses mean they can't play together.
    Not trying to beat a dead horse but what gives you faith that Gores is capable of hiring a competent GM?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...t/72011391007/

There is NO team and Cade is leaving the Pistons after he is done. His agent is sick and tired of the losing organization can't operate a simple game of playing basketball and having fun.
    Last edited by Danny; December-27-23 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Not trying to beat a dead horse but what gives you faith that Gores is capable of hiring a competent GM?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...t/72011391007/
    Based on his hirings so far, nothing. You would hope he would use his resources - Arm Tellem, the league, etc. to find someone. It won't be easy because they need someone with a track record hired before the trade deadline. It's usually done at the end of the season. You're right though. This interview gives me little hope. They should maybe even bring in someone like Isiah Thomas as asst. gm. His track record in management isn't good but he is very good at evaluating talent going all the way back to his first drafts with the expansion Raptors.

On Tuesday night, while t a restaurant where a group of fellow handball players regularly meet, I noticed Dave Bing was dining in a booth across from us. When he got up to leave I said, "Hey Dave, we need you to suit up! The Pistons need you."

He laughed good-naturedly, said something about age being a factor but admitted they were in trouble. He did look in good shape, still trim and lean. Oh that he could.

Based on his hirings so far, nothing. You would hope he would use his resources - Arm Tellem, the league, etc. to find someone. It won't be easy because they need someone with a track record hired before the trade deadline. It's usually done at the end of the season. You're right though. This interview gives me little hope. They should maybe even bring in someone like Isiah Thomas as asst. gm. His track record in management isn't good but he is very good at evaluating talent going all the way back to his first drafts with the expansion Raptors.
    ArnTellem hired his son who has an upper management job within the organization, [[don't recall what his actual position is) and I hear he has very limited to no experience. This reeks of nepotism to me. It's one thing if the people in charge know what they're doing. Tellum made his mark as an agent for the players, he has no clue how to run a team. Gores pinned a letter to the fans the other day that changes are coming. When? I fully expect them to set the record-losing streak. Their next 4 games are the Nets here, at Boston, Raptors here, and at Houston. Those all are potential losses. He's an absentee owner who needs to sell the team, but he won't. The Pistons are like a new toy to him.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-25-23 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    ArnTellem hired his son who has an upper management job within the organization, [[don't recall what his actual position is) and I hear he has very limited to no experience. This reeks of nepotism to me. It's one thing if the people in charge know what they're doing. Tellum made his mark as an agent for the players, he has no clue how to run a team. Gores pinned a letter to the fans the other day that changes are coming. When? I fully expect them to set the record-losing streak. Their next 4 games are the Nets here, at Boston, Raptors here, and at Houston. Those all are potential losses. He's an absentee owner who needs to sell the team, but he won't. The Pistons are like a new toy to him.
    Best hope for a win is the Jan. 10 Spurs game, especially if Wembanyama still has a sore ankle. I really don't agree with the absentee owner argument though. Many owners of professional teams live in other cities. Almost all business is done over the phone/computer these days. If the right people are in place you want your owner to be hands off. Obviously Gores has been unable to find the right, or even a decent, gm. Is it a toy for Gores more than all the other billionaire owners? As for new, this is already his 12th season. You've got me on the Tellem comment though. He needs to go along with Weaver. It's a similar situation to Sheila Ford having to put new management in place. I think there are actually firms that do this sort of thing these days.
    Last edited by 401don; December-25-23 at 02:30 PM.

Well, it's official. The Pistons have now officially lost their 27th straight game, breaking an NBA record for most consecutive single-season losses.

YAY!

Pistons broke their losing record. Oh well looks like Cade Cunningham will be leaving the Pistons soon.

Both the Lions and Pistons are making national headlines--for opposite reasons.

Watched the entire game for the 1st time in quite a while. They were in it until the end and again, you wonder how they don't pull one out. Turnovers at key times, no one who can hit from outside and poor play from Wiseman and Stewart. Cade was excellent at getting open and hitting from the top of the key. Hard to tell about his playmaking when there's nobody to pass it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Both the Lions and Pistons are making national headlines--for opposite reasons.
    With Lions ALL IN.

And Pistons ALL OUT!

Thanks for making that trade Raptors and making a Pistons win possible, although the Raps still managed 83 points in the 2nd half!
    Last edited by 401don; December-31-23 at 07:55 AM.

Lookie who won a game this past Wednesday [I watch recorded games only]. The trade move to bring in some 30+ veteran big man players [Muscala and Gallinari], who can shoot threes, for Bagley and Livers, who seemed to be going nowhere, along with the return of Monte Morris has the Pistons looking competitive. Before Wednesday night's fifth win they had been in close losses even with the absence of Cade Cunningham.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Lookie who won a game this past Wednesday [I watch recorded games only]. The trade move to bring in some 30+ veteran big man players [Muscala and Gallinari], who can shoot threes, for Bagley and Livers, who seemed to be going nowhere, along with the return of Monte Morris has the Pistons looking competitive. Before Wednesday night's fifth win they had been in close losses even with the absence of Cade Cunningham.
    You have to really look hard to find silver linings in the clouds when it comes to this group of losers. Very rarely can they stay on the court with even when they play the worst teams in the league.

I will say they have some players who I find to be interesting when you look at them individually, but as a team I really don't see them showing any promise at all.

Pistons released Killian Hayes. I'm not shocked. This team needs drastic changes.

Pistons released Killian Hayes. I'm not shocked. This team needs drastic changes.
    Tyrese Hailburton should have been the pick. That's not 20/20 hindsight, even then selecting Hayes over Haliburton was seen as a bad pick. First of many times that Weaver outsmarted only himself.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Tyrese Hailburton should have been the pick. That's not 20/20 hindsight, even then selecting Hayes over Haliburton was seen as a bad pick. First of many times that Weaver outsmarted only himself.
    Hate to say it but the best pick for the Pistons in a very weak draft may be another 18 yr. old French kid. Zach Risacher. 6'9" and can play both small and power forward. Shoots the lights out from 3 at 46% but is basically just a stand-up shooter and good defender without much else. Everybody will call him Hayes 2.0 even though there is no resemblance.
    Went to bed last night with the Pistons down 82-69 with 5 min. left in the 3rd. Imagine my shock this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Plenty of people had Killian in their top 5, some even as high as #1 [[Kevin O'Connor).

Haliburton is great, but has also had the advantage of getting traded to a contender with great pieces around him, which has really elevated him game lately. Sucks that it didn't work out with Killian, but the Pistons have shown a lack of development ability over the past decade so who's to say he won't make it work with another team.

In reality, even lottery picks are a crap shoot, and the 2020 draft class hasn't exactly oozed talent. Nevertheless, we have plenty of more issues to work out besides Killian.

Whoa. Anyone else's head spinning?

Traded a heavily-protected, unlikely to convey 2028 second-round pick to the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for a 2024 second round pick [[via the New York Knicks) and veteran wing Danuel House.

Traded Bojan Bogdanovic and Alec Burks to the Knicks in exchange for Quentin Grimes, Evan Fournier, Malachi Flynn, Ryan Arcidiacono and two future second-round picks

Waived Arciadiacono, House, Danilo Gallinari, Joe Harris and Killian Hayes.

That was after the Pistons traded Monte Morris to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday for Shake Milton, Troy Brown Jr., Minnesota's second-round selection in 2030 and a 2024 second-round pick [[via Washington)

Sent Kevin Knox and the draft rights to Gabriele Procida to the Utah Jazz for Italian sharpshooter Simone Fontecchio.

Of course, this is all just three weeks after the Pistons sent Marvin Bagley III, Isaiah Livers and two future second-round picks to the Washington Wizards for Mike Muscala and Gallinari.

Eight players outgoing, 10 players incoming, five players released. Got all of that?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast