Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

As this miserable season draws to a close there is one sensational and entertaining highlight that has gone largely unnoticed amid yet another losing streak with half the team on the injured list.

Piston last-season pick up Malachi Flynn came off the bench to score 50! points, falling one point short of tying the NBA record for bench scoring. It was a delight to watch.

https://www.nba.com/news/pistons-mal...-off-the-bench

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    As this miserable season draws to a close there is one sensational and entertaining highlight that has gone largely unnoticed amid yet another losing streak with half the team on the injured list.

Piston last-season pick up Malachi Flynn came off the bench to score 50! points, falling one point short of tying the NBA record for bench scoring. It was a delight to watch.

https://www.nba.com/news/pistons-mal...-off-the-bench
    And they still lost by 10!
    Just kidding, sort of. It was a great performance from a guy who seldom plays more than a few minutes. I used to watch him on the Raptors. He can give you some scoring once in a while but not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    And they still lost by 10!
    Just kidding, sort of. It was a great performance from a guy who seldom plays more than a few minutes. I used to watch him on the Raptors. He can give you some scoring once in a while but not much else.
    And I'm willing to bet inspite of that 50 pt outburst, Flynn won't even be on the team next year. He'll windup being the answer to a trivia question. The first thing Troy Weaver did when he got here as GM, was trade Bruce Brown for a guy that even isn't in the league any more. Brown worked to develop himself into a very good and useful player that can play multiple positions and makes winning plays, and he got a nice contract for his efforts in FAgency, even though the Pacers traded him in the deal for Pascal Siakam. I don't trust Weaver to reconstruct this team into a winner, even though he mentored under one of the best GM's in the game, in Sam Presti.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; April-05-24 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    And I'm willing to bet inspite of that 50 pt outburst, Flynn won't even be on the team next year. He'll windup being the answer to a trivia question. The first thing Troy Weaver did when he got here as GM, was trade Bruce Brown for a guy that even isn't in the league any more. Brown worked to develop himself into a very good and useful player that can play multiple positions and makes winning plays, and he got a nice contract for his efforts in FAgency, even though the Pacers traded him in the deal for Pascal Siakam. I don't trust Weaver to reconstruct this team into a winner, even though he mentored under one of the best GM's in the game, in Sam Presti.
    Since you mentioned Troy Weaver, I'd like to know how on earth this guy still has a job.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Since you mentioned Troy Weaver, I'd like to know how on earth this guy still has a job.
    Great question!