Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Got the message: With the recent signing of WR DPJ...the writing is on the wall for Jamo, it's just a matter of time while not only winning without him, but his voided gambling/suspension terms within his contract...

I'm anxious to see what DPJ can do. He's obviously fallen off and out of favor the last couple of years for the Browns to basically give him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Got the message: With the recent signing of WR DPJ...the writing is on the wall for Jamo...
    If Jamo doesn't learn how to catch a football before his rookie contract expires he's gone. But he has time and talent.

A little disappointing that they did not find talent on defense before the trade deadline. Hutch needs help.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    A little disappointing that they did not find talent on defense before the trade deadline. Hutch needs help.
    If they were going to address one position on the defense, it should have been cornerback. They lost two projected started in Mosley and Gardner-Johnson. While Branch and Jacobs have filled in admirably, you're now one bit of bad luck away from Will Harris having to be a regular starter. Sorry, but that's more concerning than any issue I have with the defensive line.

The Lions would likely have had to give up their first to get Sweat, as the Bears pick will be a high second round pick. Many teams have made recent trades where they give up high picks AND the money to sign an extension. While it can work out sometimes, more often than not it sets the team back [[Russell Wilson, Devante Adams, and Deshaun Watson trades immediately come to mind).

Chase Young deal looks good on paper, but I've seen enough chatter that he might not fit the character and team first qualifications that Holmes and Campbell are looking for.

In the end, the Lions aren't looking to be one and done. They want to be the benchmark for success every year. Fans are so not used to success that they figure it's probably fleeting and want to grab whatever we can now.

Last point, while some contending teams certainly made moves, there are others that didn't. I don't see the fan base for the Ravens, Eagle, or Dolphins throwing up their arms in frustration.

WELL DONE ALL IN CATZ!

They discharged the Chargers.

LIONS 41
    CHARGERS 38

7-2

Nine down eight to go.

Working on those running game TD's.

J.Gibbs left end for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

J.Gibbs right tackle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

D.Montgomery left guard for 75 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
    The Replay Official reviewed the runner was inbounds ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field stands.

Goff trick the Chargers defense with some pass plays.

J.Goff pass short left to A.St. Brown for 20 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

J.Goff pass deep middle to B.Wright for 25 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Nice job Everrett

Interception
    [[3:50) J.Herbert pass short right intended for G.Everett INTERCEPTED by K.Joseph [A.Anzalone] at LAC 33. K.Joseph ran ob at LAC 33 for no gain.

Patterson seal the deal the FG.

Field Goal R.Patterson 41 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.McQuaide, Holder-J.Fox.

Keep the hype up Campbell.

There are times when Campbell need to just have the ball kicked for a 3 point field goal instead of trying to run the ball on fourth down especially when the Lions are not at the goal line and are leading by 7 to 10 points.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    There are times when Campbell need to just have the ball kicked for a 3 point field goal instead of trying to run the ball on fourth down especially when the Lions are not at the goal line and are leading by 7 to 10 points.
    ...or pass on 4th down. Yeah I couldn't believe it either. At first I thought he was showing lack of confidence in his field goal kicker and then I realized it was lack of confidence in the defense, for obvious reasons I guess, but I would hope he wouldn't make the same decision in a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    ...showing lack of confidence in his field goal kicker and then I realized it was lack of confidence in the defense.
    Or showing confidence in the O-line and offensive coordinator?

P.S. I don't think the defense played badly against a good Chargers' offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post

P.S. I don't think the defense played badly against a good Chargers' offense.
    Uhh…Bolts scored 38 and only punted twice.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Uhh…Bolts scored 38 and only punted twice.
    Only team in NFL history to score touchdowns on their last 5 possessions and lose the game.

The 4th & 2 at the end of the game was one thing, but 4th & 5 and running the ball successfully? Lol, that was something else! Our Lions moved their whole line back 5 yards. I've taken some shots before at our O-line, but that was damn impressive.

We found ourselves in a shootout and still won. Justin Herbert played a fine game and throws a beautiful ball.

We end the season with Minnesota, Dallas, and Minnesota again. We may have an easy schedule, but those are going to be 3 tough and physical games.

CLOSE CALL COOL CATZ!!!

Lions went Bear hunting and beat its carcass!

LIONS 31
    BEARS 26

8-2

Ten down seven to go.

Goff goofed a bit.

Interception
    [[Shotgun) J.Goff pass short right intended for S.LaPorta INTERCEPTED by T.Stevenson [R.Green] at CHI 32. T.Stevenson to CHI 37 for 5 yards [[B.Wright, S.LaPorta).

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass short middle intended for D.Peoples-Jones INTERCEPTED by T.Edwards at CHI 35. T.Edwards to CHI 37 for 2 yards [[M.Rodriguez).

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass short middle intended for J.Reynolds INTERCEPTED by T.Edmunds [[G.Dexter) at CHI 47. T.Edmunds to DET 43 for 10 yards [[K.Raymond).

But he redeemed himself at the end.

D.Skipper reported in as eligible. J.Gibbs left end for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass short middle to A.St. Brown for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN

Remember this... is not the Amon-Ra St. Brown Show!

Defense needs some more work!

Fumble
    C.Santos kicks 62 yards from CHI 35 to DET 3. C.Reynolds to DET 34 for 31 yards [[T.Stevenson). FUMBLES [[T.Stevenson), RECOVERED by CHI-D.Gates at DET 40. DET-C.Reynolds was injured during the play.

At least they did a fumble-rookie.

[[Shotgun) J.Fields pass short left to T.Scott to CHI 34 for 4 yards [[C.Sutton). FUMBLES [[C.Sutton), touched at CHI 36, RECOVERED by DET-A.Anzalone at CHI 34. CHI-D.Foreman was injured during the play.

Hutchison let the Bad News Bears get a safety violation.

[[Shotgun) J.Fields sacked at CHI 15 for -10 yards [[A.Hutchinson). FUMBLES [[A.Hutchinson) [A.Hutchinson], touched at CHI 15, ball out of bounds in End Zone, SAFETY.

Lions went 8-2 for the first time since 1962. They better get hyped up for Turkey Day because the Packers are mad and they want to knock us out. But its not going to happen Because Detroit Lions are ALL IN!

Hype them up Campbell.

[QUOTE=Danny;638427]CLOSE CALL COOL CATZ!!!

Quite impressive!

Winning with three interception. I was seriously waiting for #4.
    Time to jump on the bandwagon.

56 minutes of crap and 4 minutes of solid playmaking. In the end all that matters is the W…

61 years ago I was there for the 11-2, beat down of the Packers. My first football game, and I went to many many more for the next 18 yrs, then I just gave up. I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon just yet....but maybe soon.
    Name:  Lions-Thanksgiving-1962-001sm.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  233.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    61 years ago I was there for the 11-2, beat down of the Packers. My first football game, and I went to many many more for the next 18 yrs, then I just gave up. I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon just yet....but maybe soon.
    Name:  Lions-Thanksgiving-1962-001sm.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  233.7 KB
    I noticed they had a federal tax on the ticket. Seems odd.

Lol, it was just 27 cents. Think how much it would be now.

BACK TO THE SAME OLE LIONS!

Packers get their revenge since Lambeau Field.

PACKERS 29
    LIONS 22

8-3

Eleven down 6 to go.

Goff goofed up again. Ended up more fumble-rookies, sack and no lack of planned huddles.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff scrambles up the middle to DET 23 for 2 yards [[K.Brooks). FUMBLES [[K.Brooks), RECOVERED by GB-K.Brooks at DET 23.

[[No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Goff sacked at GB 39 for -8 yards [[R.Gary). FUMBLES [[R.Gary) [R.Gary], touched at GB 39, RECOVERED by GB-R.Gary at GB 39.

Sack
    [[5:51) D.Skipper reported in as eligible. J.Goff sacked at DET 27 for 0 yards [[R.Gary).

[[No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short right [L.Van Ness]. Ball thrown away.
    PENALTY on DET-J.Goff, Intentional Grounding, 11 yards, enforced at GB 41.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short middle to J.Reynolds [[P.Smith).

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short middle to S.LaPorta [P.Smith].

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete deep right to A.St. Brown.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete deep left to J.Williams.
    Penalty on DET-K.Awosika, Ineligible Downfield Pass, declined.

D.Skipper reported in as eligible. J.Goff pass incomplete short right to D.Montgomery [K.Clark].

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete deep left to A.St. Brown.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short middle to J.Gibbs [[A.Johnson).

[[No Huddle) J.Goff pass incomplete short right to J.Gibbs [K.Clark].

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short right to S.LaPorta.

What's this with the 4th down conversions! This is not a Michigan Wolverines vs. Michigan State rivalry. And our defense sucked once again.

Here comes the Bobby Lanye Curse.

Come on Campbell Hype these Lions up They can do better.

There was a federal entertainment tax on sporting tickets from the war years until the end of 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Just seeing the tickets brings back memories! My parents and grandpa had 3 season tickets while I was growing up. Happily was able to attend a number of games through the years. Sitting in the right field lower deck. Row K [[or was it L), Seats 3-4-5. Dad would park on the other side of the Lodge and we would walk blocks to the stadium, carrying a blanket and our bag with two thermos bottles filled with steaming hot chocolate. Great memories!!

Thanks for posting, Mike!

THAT'S BETTER COOL CATZ!

That Saints are marching back to looser-ville.

LIONS 33
    SAINTS 28

9-3

Twelve down 5 to go.

Early TD's for the offense.

D.Skipper reported in as eligible. D.Montgomery right end for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

J.Goff pass short right to S.LaPorta for 13 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Defense starting a slow down a but and pick up the fumble-rookie!

D.Carr to NO 24 for -1 yards. FUMBLES, touched at NO 25, RECOVERED by DET-J.Paschal at NO 26.

Lions need 4 wins to make the playoffs. Keep the hype Campbell.

Lately the Lions look like a .500 team with a 9-3 record.

Lately the Lions look like a .500 team with a 9-3 record.
    They sure do. The defense is staying on the field too long.

Every team has to deal with injuries, I know, but consider that two-thirds of the revamped secondary that were signed in free agency went down with long term injuries early on. The front office did exactly what they needed to do during the offseason to address the D, but unfortunately they landed on the unlucky side of the coin.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast