Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

I heard a rumor that Amon-Ra might go to Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I heard a rumor that Amon-Ra might go to Tampa.
    Oh, it's not a rumor. He's for sure going to Tampa. Along with the rest of the team for their game on Sunday.

SMH.

They better not take TB lightly. Baker Mayfield has been playing well. They need to get this one, as they go to Baltimore next weekend which will be a tough game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    They better not take TB lightly. Baker Mayfield has been playing well. They need to get this one, as they go to Baltimore next weekend which will be a tough game.
    They're going to lose one of those games. If they win both I'll really be convinced, the Ravens are solid.

WAY TO GO COOL CATZ!!!

They make those pirates walk the plank.

LIONS 20
    BUCCANNEERS 6

5-1

Six down eleven to go.

Both Lions and Bucs were tighten their defenses.
    Until Lions gave them the slip by the second quarter.

Shotgun) J.Goff pass short left to A.St. Brown for 27 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Amon-Ra Brown... Don't you dare go to Tampa Bay!

Patterson slip a bit with a missed field goal. Kicking field goals outside will be tricky then kicking it inside.

R.Patterson 52 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-S.Daly, Holder-J.Fox.

Goff finish the game winning shotgun pass on cue.

J.Goff pass deep right to J.Williams for 45 yards, TOUCHDOWN

Keep up the hype Campbell.
    Last edited by Danny; October-17-23 at 09:15 AM.

For all of you Jamaal Williams/RB fans...

Rushing Stats:

David Montgomery; 385yds/6tds
    Craig Reynolds; 89yds/1td

Jamaal Williams; 74yds/0td

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    For all of you Jamaal Williams/RB fans...

Rushing Stats:

David Montgomery; 385yds/6tds
    Craig Reynolds; 89yds/1td

Jamaal Williams; 74yds/0td

To be fair, Williams has been out with a hamstring strain since WK2, and is scheduled back for WK 7. But I agree that Montgomery is the better back. Great signing for the Leo's

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    To be fair, Williams has been out with a hamstring strain since WK2, and is scheduled back for WK 7. But I agree that Montgomery is the better back. Great signing for the Leo's
    Looks like it's up to Reynolds against a tough Ravens defense. I'm guessing lots of passes to about 10 different receivers like last week.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Looks like it's up to Reynolds against a tough Ravens defense. I'm guessing lots of passes to about 10 different receivers like last week.
    The Ravens scare me because of Lamar Jackson. The Lions have problems with running QB's and he's one of the best. He breaks containment because his receivers are covered, and makes plays with his feet. He has better receivers than in the past in Zay Flowers, Agholor, TE Andrews, OBJ, and Bateman. This will be a stern test for the Lions. Just heard Gibbs should be avaiiable so that helps.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-17-23 at 09:09 AM.

Open Question for Feedback: Why are the Lions not using former Lion Marvin Jones Jr who is a phenominal wide receiver, especially designating him like DJ Chark Jr for catching the "long ball".

I know he dropped a couple passes in earlier games...but, why let $3-million be wasted on not playing him when he is a real threat on the field?

Carry on...

He's gotten older. It happens to everyone. He's lost a step and doesn't have the ability to stretch the field like he once could. He's a situational guy now, no longer the default first or second read by the QB. Which is all fine. The Lions didn't bring him in to fill the same role that they did the first time he signed here.

If Chark is still playing in five years when he's Marvin's age, he'll probably be in the same position.

BACK TO THE SAME OLE LIONS.

Those Ravens say 'Never More' to the cats being pussies!

RAVENS 38
    LIONS 6

5-2

Six Down eleven to go.

Our defense suck! Gave the Ravens more TD's.

Goff goofed and the Raven's read their plays.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass deep middle intended for J.Williams INTERCEPTED by G.Stone at BAL -3. Touchback.

What a miscued Touchback!

One measly TD

J.Gibbs left end for 21 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Then they clown around with a failed Two Point Conversion!

J.Goff pass to J.Gibbs is complete. ATTEMPT FAILS.

Campbell hype these Lions up. We are not out yet!

These Lions are still Superbowl bound. The Ravens didn't actually win the game. The Lions actually had lost this game.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    These Lions are still Superbowl bound. The Ravens didn't actually win the game. The Lions actually had lost this game.
    You must have watched a different game than I did because in the one I saw today Baltimore kicked the living crap out of the Lions on both sides of the ball. If they play like this they will be toast in a playoff game.

So you're saying the Lions were so bad in every aspect that the Ravens could win by over 30 points without showing much and therefore the Lions are Superbowl bound? Okay then.

Anyone who watched that game knows the Lions got absolutely whupped yesterday in all phases. The Ravens won the hell out of that game.

That said, Lions weren't gonna win them all. 5-2 at this point in the season is a really good outcome. They have a favorable schedule going forward and tiebreak advantages over every other team in their division [[all of whom don't look that great). A playoff game is highly likely, probably will be a home playoff game too. Super Bowl bound is a stretch though.

Lions weren't going 16-1, I agree with you djtomt.

This was a league loss, Lions were just on the road against a divisional leading opponent, to turn around and go on the road again against another divisional leading opponent. The loss was either coming to the Bucs or the Ravens, weren't winning both of those games. Don't care how they lost, sometimes just get out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    Lions weren't going 16-1, I agree with you djtomt.

This was a league loss, Lions were just on the road against a divisional leading opponent, to turn around and go on the road again against another divisional leading opponent. The loss was either coming to the Bucs or the Ravens, weren't winning both of those games. Don't care how they lost, sometimes just get out of hand.
    I'm not concerned about the offense having a bad game, that happens. The defense being dominated in every aspect is another story. We'll see how they bounce back against a decent Raiders team on national television.

THAT'S BETTER CATZ!

They raid the Raiders and hit the Vegas jackpot.

LIONS 26
    RAIDERS 14

6-2

Eight down nine to go.

Offense were in.

Field Goal
    R.Patterson 44 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-S.Daly, Holder-J.Fox.

Field Goal
    R.Patterson 31 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-S.Daly, Holder-J.Fox.

Field Goal
    R.Patterson 33 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-S.Daly, Holder-J.Fox.

Touchdown Lions
    [[Shotgun) J.Goff pass short middle to S.LaPorta for 18 yards,

Touchdown Lions
    J.Gibbs up the middle for 27 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Field Goal
    R.Patterson 52 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-S.Daly, Holder-J.Fox.

The DF was held on to end. Let's reduce the fumble-rookies!

Fumble
    [[Shotgun) J.Goff pass short right to J.Reynolds to DET 27 for 13 yards [[L.Masterson). FUMBLES [[L.Masterson), touched at DET 28, RECOVERED by LV-R.Spillane at DET 26.

Fumble
    C.Reynolds left tackle to LV 3 for 1 yard [[J.Tillery, M.Crosby). FUMBLES [[M.Crosby), RECOVERED by LV-M.Crosby at LV 3.
    The Replay Official reviewed the runner was not down by contact ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field stands.

Just miss one Field Goal

Field Goal No Good
    R.Patterson 26 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-S.Daly, Holder-J.Fox.

Pumping the team up Campbell. Lions had to be all in this season.

They should have won by 40. Garoppolo is brutal. Missed wide open receivers all night. Looks like they will win division by default with an easy sched. and now Cousins out for the season. I just hope they are battle tested come playoff time.

They should have won by 40. Garoppolo is brutal. Missed wide open receivers all night. Looks like they will win division by default with an easy sched. and now Cousins out for the season. I just hope they are battle tested come playoff time.
    An easier back end of the schedule could me less injuries too.. I think this team will be ready for the playoffs, Campbell seems to always have them charged up.

...come playoff time.
    The healthiest teams win at playoff time. It's why you see defenses like Baltimore's trying to injure opponents. Why you see zebras not calling roughing on favored defenses IMHO.

Lions won against a terrible team. As 401don said they should have won by 40. A win is a win. Now, my issue with the Lions is the wearing of the "grey" home uniform like they did last night. The team colors are Honolulu Blue and SILVER. Where does grey come from? They wear the alternative blue helmets and they wear grey? That helmet would have really stood out if they had worn the blue pants with either the blue jersey or, better yet, the white jersey. They need to put the grey uniforms to rest, period.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    They need to put the grey uniforms to rest, period.
    No argument there. Butt ugly. Almost make the Pistons teal look decent - almost.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast